Capter five. Perfectly ultimate great moth

“Great play, Yugi.” I said softly. “You wiped out his monsters with one move.”

        “You got him on the ropes.” Tea yelled.

        Snooty laughter filled the air. “Yeah right.” Mai Valentine said. “You losers don't seem to realize who Yugi is up against. That’s the regional champ. He’s got moves Yugi couldn’t even dream of.”

        “Take a hike!” Tea yelled.

        “And miss the chance to see Weevil turn this all around?” Mai asked. “No way am I missing this.”

        “Yeah.” Joey said. “Weevil really came in from behind on the regionals.”

        “He’s tough and sneaky.” Tristan said.

        “Whose side do you think you're on?!” Tea yelled.

        “All we’re saying is that this is Yugi’s first official duel.” Joey explained.

        “And he’s up against a champ.” Tristan added.

        Back to the duel.

        “You may have flattened my army of bugs, Yugi, but you haven't won yet. I still have a few tricks up my sleeves.”

        Yugi signed his response.

        I looked at Weevil. “May I elaborate?”

        He looked at me weirdly.

        I hope you know that there are other ways to look at a girl besides weirdly, boys!

        Sorry. Back to the story.

        Weevil nodded.

        “Yugi said that although you’ve done a lot of buzzing, he has yet to feel the sting.” I shrugged. “Puns are tricky in sign.”

        “Fine then. Let's see which of my insects will take the first bite.” Weevil snapped.He looked at his hand and his expression changed to one that I had seen right before he trapped Rex in the regionals. “This tiny bug won't stand a chance against your monsters. Oh, well, I better put him in defense mode.”

        “Do you think I forgot about your trap?” Yugi asked. “Nice bluff though.”

        He didn’t attack me earlier but if I call an attack it may destroy all of my monsters on the field . But what if I got them off the field first and then called an attack to get rid of his trap? That’s it!

        “I’ll spring your trap, Weevil. But first, the Monster Recovery Card. It allows me to return all of my cards to my deck, reshuffle, and draw a new hand.” He did just that and drew a new hand. “Now, I just have to sacrifice one of my new monsters and your trap is sprung.” He summoned Kuriboh, the weakest and most adorable monster in the game, a cute brown furball with small green arms and legs with three toes and fingers each. It made a cute humming noise as it appeared on the field.

        And no, I don’t know why Pegasus wanted sound effects. He just did.

        “Kuriboh,” Yugi said, fingerspelling the name, “Attack!”

        The trap was sprung, a worm thing diving into Kuriboh which then exploded.

        I thought I might cry at the look on Kuribohs face. Fur?

        Weevil snorted. “I don’t give a bee’s behind about that trap. I just wanted you to take off your monsters so that you couldn’t attack this.” He flip summoned a Larvae moth. 650 ATK. One of the weaker monsters in the game.