Chapter seven Attack from the deep.

Joey nearly crashed into me, stareing at the twin stars on his wrist.

        “I got two stars! Am I cool or what?”

        “Your something alright.” I muttered.

        “Is there a time limit on how long he can crow about it?” Tea asked.

        “Cut him some slack, Tea.” Tristan said.”Did you ever think he would be able to best Mai in a duel?”

        Tea shrugged.

        I knew he could do it. Yugi said.

        I threw a rock at Joey. “Yugi’s talking to you! Stop staring at your wrist and talk back.”

        “Quit throwing things!” Joey yelled. “Sorry, Yugi. What did you say?”

        Yugi rolled his eyes at me and repeated himself.

        “Thanks, Yuge.” joey said. “That really means alot to me.” His stomach growled. “Anyone have any food?” his eyes fell on my backpack and he lunged.

        I danced out of the way, employing the same strategy I used to avoid punches to stay just out of his reach. “It’s for an emergency.” I said, hauling myself into a tree just out of reach of Joey’s grasping fingers. “Oh look, a squirrel nest!”

        “How long will what you brought last?” Tristan asked.

        “It’s meant to last three days for two smaller people.” I said, climbing higher as Joey started to come after me.

        “How long will it last if you feed five?” Tea asked.

        “About a day.” I said, jumping from the tree and rolling to break my fall. “If Joey doesn’t get it first.”

        Joey fell out, not nearly as graceful.

        “Why did you bring food in the first place if you weren’t going to share?!” Joey demanded, getting up.

        “I thought Pegasus would spike our food or something!” I said.

        There was a moment of silence.

        “You really don't like him, do you?” Tea asked.

        I shrugged. “He kidnapped my grandfather and tried to burn Yugi alive. You tell me.”

        “Can we please stop talking about food?” Joey asked.

        “Well, I need to have my five basic food groups or it’s metabolic meltdown.”

        “I have a guide book detailing everything we can eat!” Tristan said proudly.

        “Then eat all the pages you want.” Joey said. “Iris! Give me the food!”

        I groaned. “There are squirrels and rabbits in these woods. I can set some snares. If I start now I may catch something before dinner tonight. If not I’ll ration out the food I brought.”

        Yugi touched me on the shoulder. Be safe.

        Always. I signed back. Who else would pull your butt out of the fire?

        Joey sniffed the air. “I SMELL FISH!” He took off towards the ocean.

        “You're hallucinating!” Tea yelled.