JaelenexMal

"Jae?" Mallory called out to her roommate as she entered the room.

"Hey." Jaelene said from where she was huddled into her blankets.

"So, the team is getting together to watch a movie in Lindsey and Emily's room if you wanna come." She said as she changed into same night clothes.

"No thanks. They wouldn't want me there anyway." Jaelene said quietly.

Mallory frowned. "What makes you say that?"

Jaelene sits up. "Isn't obvious. Everyone on the team hates me. If I hadn't of made that stupid comment I don't think any of this would have happened."

Mallory goes and sits next to Jaelene. "You were just being who you are. You don't agree with it and that's okay because I know you were raised to be who you are. They may not agree with you but that does not mean they don't like you."

"That's the thing. I don't agree with what I put. I only put it because everyone in my family was asking how I felt about it. What was I supposed to do? Go against everything I've been taught growing up just because I'm also ga -." She cuts herself off when she realized what she said.

Mallory looked at Jaelene in shock. "What?"

Jaelene gets up. "Nothing." She mumbles going to grab her key card.

"No wait!" Mallory says trying to get untangled from the covers but falling off the bed instead.

Jaelene tried to stifle her laugh but fails. She would never admit it to the girl who was still struggling with the blanket but she thought it was kinda cute when she was fighting with the blanket, the blanket obviously winning.

"Jae. Help me." Mallory whined like a five year old.

"Mallory, but it's fun watching you fight with the blanket and losing." She said back teasingly.

Finally kicking the blanket off she sat up and let out a huge breath. "You know, that's more tiring then you'd think." She said.

"I'll keep that in mind for when I get in a fight with my blanket." Jaelene joked back.

"When you do, I'm not gonna help you. I will just sit there and laugh at you." The seventeen year old said.

"Okay, you know you would help me." She said before turning to the door.

"No, get back here we haven't talked about what you meant from earlier and I wouldn't help you either." Mallory called out to the girl as she ran to catch up with her. She grabbed the girl by the arm once she got close enough. "Jae, come on talk to me. Isn't that what friends are for."

"Mal, it was nothing. Just go hang out of with the team." She said trying to get out of the younger girls strong grip.

"You are part of this team too. So you are coming to hang out with us." Mallory said while dragging her further down the hall to Emily's room.

"Mal, Mal no. They don't like me. It will just get awkward and quiet when we walk in the room." Jaelene said while trying to get Mallory to stop walking but she wasn't budging. If anything she was pulling harder.

"Then we make it not awkward. Besides Stephanie and Sam will be there and you talk to them along with Lindsey, Rose, and Emily." She said raising her hand to knock on the door that they had stopped in front of.

"They only talk to me because of you, if I wasn't friends with you I'd be the loner on the team." Jaelened rushed to explain.

"You are the loner of the team, that's why I have to drag you here you dork also we will finish the conversation of you being gay later." Mallory said while smirking.