Chapter Three:

Grace sits in her hospital looking at the ceiling trying to avoid thinking about the screaming pain in her leg. It's easier to say to stop thinking about the pain then done. All her mind can stay on is the pain.

Wilson walks into House's office seeing House sitting in his chair looking at his face with a look of, could it be sadness.

Wilson walks up to House's desk and sits in a chair across from him, "What's wrong House?"

House looks up staring at Wilson, "I know what the kid has."

Wilson looks at him shocked. This must be the fastest case House has solved, "That's great! We can cure her! What is it? What treatment should we start her on?"

Dr. Gregory House glares at him, "We are not treating it until I know what it is actually is what it is."

Wilson looks confusingly at House, "That doesn't sound like you House."

"Shut up Wilson. Go tell Cameron to MRI her leg and Foreman to run blood tests to check the counts of hemoglobin, A1c, CK, ESR, and CRP to confirm," House mutters.

"To confirm what House," Wilson asks while walking out of the office.

"Just tell them to do it," House yells before getting up and grabbing his cane and walking the opposite direction then Wilson toward Grace's room.

When House is about ten feet away from Grace's door the monitors start beeping. Nurses rush past him as he hurriedly follows seeing that Grace is having a heart attack. His eyes widen when he sees the flat line. He drops his cane and pushes pace a few nurses grabbing the crash cart.

"Clear!" he yells as the nurses back up he shocks Graces heart. Nothing happens and he yells clear again and shocks Grace again. Again nothing happens. House tries one more time even when the nurses tell him not to, that she is gone, to call time of death. House refuses to believe that this girl is dead and does it anyway. To his relief the monitors start beeping again and her heart starts again. He gets up and walks back to his office.

Dr. Wilson along with Dr. Foreman, Dr. Chase, and Dr. Cameron all sit in Grace's room waiting for her to wake up. Dr. Cuddy agreed to let Wilson help or at least observe the case since he was the one who found Grace on the side of the road. At about 8:15 Grace wakes up groaning. When she opens her eyes she sees the doctors standing there watching her.

"Do you know what I have," she asks the doctors.

"We don't, but our boss does. He won't tell anyone even us. He wants to be sure before he tells anyone," Dr. Chase says.

"Who are you? I know Dr. Cameron and Dr. Wilson. They were here when I first got admitted," Grace says raising an eyebrow at Chase and Foreman.

"I'm Doctor Chase and that's Doctor Foreman," says the man with the accent.

"I'm guessing that you Dr. Chase and Dr. Cameron work for Dr. House, and Dr. Wilson does not, he's a friend of House and he also found me," Grace smirks while talking to Dr. Foreman.

"How did you know that?" asks Wilson.

"I know what you are thinking that I looked through some papers, I somehow got my hands on. That is true except for the part about you being Dr. House's friend. I just observed that, from prier experience I know every ass has a friend that is the complete opposite of them," Grace reports to Wilson.

"How did you get your hands on the files," asked Dr. Chase anger found in his voice.

"There's not a lot you know about me Doctor," she says smirking.

"Wilson you were right, I really do like this kid," House says from the doorway making his presence known. "Did you do the tests I wanted yet?"

"We were getting to that," Dr. Chase says.

Soon Foreman takes Grace's blood and when he is done Dr. Cameron and Dr. Chase wheels Grace in for an MRI. House follows them, informing them to MRI her leg. House stands in behind Chase and Cameron as the start the MRI, Grace lays in the machine humming to herself.

"Grace you have to stop humming," Chase says.

"Fine," Grace says rolling her eyes.

Chase huffs irritated while House just smirks. The MRI shows nothing wrong with her brain so they move to her leg. After an hour the Chase spots inflammation, House leans over looking at it and mutters before walking out, "Damn." Chase and Cameron stare at the MRI there mouths wide, now knowing why House didn't want to confirm his theory, because his theory was true.

"What's taking you people so long to get me out of this machine, I can tell by House walking out of here you figured out what was wrong with me," Grace says into the microphone.

Cameron and Chase walk to the machine and help Grace out. Grace leans her weight on the doctors while they walk back to her room. House paces around in his office, thinking about Grace when the other doctors walk in. House really didn't want to see anyone right now due to Graces condition. How can this happen to her? Why does this have to happen to anyone?

Cameron runs into the room followed by the rest of the doctors, "House we have to do the treatment!"

"There has to be another way." House shouts.

"House, we have to treat it," Wilson says.

House slams his cane on the desk, "No! There has to be another way! She can't suffer! She can't have to deal with pain like I have to!"

"We know it pains you to look at someone like you, especially a young kid. But we have to try to treat it. House," Wilson asks.

House looks away leaning on his cane his body facing the window, "Get a signed consent form from her parents to do the surgery."

"No one has came and visited her, not even her parents," Foreman tells House.

"Then find who they are, or who can sign the forms to get her the surgery," House says walking into his office.

Cameron walks into Grace's room. Grace sits up rubbing her leg wincing in pain. "What did you find out?"

"You have an infraction in your leg. We need your parents to sign a consent form so we can perform surgery," Cameron says.

Grace's face goes dark, "Well they're not here, can't you just do the surgery anyway?"

Foreman walks over to Grace and looks her in the eye, "Who are you, really?"

Grace stares at him, "My name is Grace. What's yours?"

Foreman glares at her, "What is your real name?"

Grace lets out a small weep as she grasps her leg in pain and leans into it. "Can't you give me something to ease the pain a lot?"

"Not until you tell us who you really are," Foreman demands.

"Fine! My name is Ash Kate Linhart, born June 21, 2002. Are you happy now? Can't you get me something to ease the pain!"

"Where is your parents?" Dr. Cameron asks Ash kindly.

"Not here," she replies simply her eyes filled with tears as the pain worsens.