Harry's Attacked by Fangirls

Words: 3,787

This is for monstertruckgirl88 .  

The boys were taking it easy that day, shopping and eating out before they had to go to an interview that afternoon. It was nice to not have such a busy schedule. The boys were walking downtown when Niall piped up once he caught a glimpse of a toy store. "Come on, guys! Let's check this one out!"

Liam shrugged and looked up. "Hm, okay," he said after reading the title of the store. Toyland.

"This could be fun," Louis said to Harry as they both grinned. He placed a hand behind Harry's waist, steering him in that direction. Niall made it to the door first and held it open to the other boys. The door left a little tinkling noise as it closed behind them.

The store was filled with things, from stuffed animals, to books, to toy trains. It was early November, so there were a lot of Christmas items out as well.

"We can't stay here for too long, Ni, because the interview starts in 45 minutes," Liam said, checking his watch. The words seemed to fall on deaf ears as the boys' attention was on everywhere but him.

"Aw, look at the cute teddy bear!" Harry said, picking it up and shoving it in Louis's face. It was about as big as Louis's torso. "It's so cuddly."

Louis's face lit up as he watched how happy the bear made Harry. "Not as cuddly as you, hun," Louis said to his baby. Harry chuckled and placed a peck to Louis's cheek, and then placed the bear to Louis's face and did a mock kiss, sound effects and all.

The boys roamed around the store for a while until Liam cut them short. "Okay, guys. We should probably head back. We gotta walk back and then by then they'll want to start."

"Ugh, I guess we'll have to come back another time then," Niall said with a sigh.

"Wait, mates. Mind if I hang back a bit? I kinda wanna look for something," Harry said.

"Look for what?" Liam asked. He was getting really tired and just wanted to go.

"I wanna look for a present for Louis since his birthday's coming up. Just give me like 15 more minutes alone and I'll meet you guys there."

"Harry, you can do that any day. You don't need to get me something right now," Louis said, touching Harry's shoulder.

"But, Lou! We leave here in two days and we may not get to come back. Please just let me stay and I'll be right back. I won't take long. Promise!"

Louis hesitated. He didn't like leaving him, and he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to leave him alone without a bodyguard. It was okay that the boys went out together, but it wasn't always safe traveling alone. Louis looked up, meeting Harry's pleading, green eyes. He just couldn't say no. "Okay, 15 minutes, no longer, or we'll start to panic."

"YOU'll start to panic, you mean," Liam said with a laugh.

"Come on, Louis," Niall said, patting his back a few times. "He'll be fine, and I'm hungry. Let's go."

"But we just ate. How can you be hungry?" Liam asked as they made their way out of the store.

"He's Niall. You can't possibly be surprised," Louis said, glancing back one last time at Harry as the jingle bell sounded as they were leaving.

Harry smiled and made his way quickly through the store. He hadn't known what to buy Louis for his birthday yet, but he figured this would be the perfect store to find something in. It had everything. He was glad for the privacy because he didn't want Louis seeing what he picked out, and he didn't want the boys to see and spoil the secret.