Louis Drowns, Harry does CPR

So I really like this one a lot.  Hope you do, too.  This is a request from tapdancedrummer . 

Words: 3,710

Harry hung up the phone with a smile on his face. "Hey, Lou!" he shouted to his husband in the other room.

"What?" Louis shouted back. He was in the den playing the piano, stopping when he heard Harry calling out his name. How people could talk and play at the same time was beyond him.

"I just got off the phone with my friend, Dan. He invited us to his house for a swim party." Harry entered the room to find Louis sitting on the piano bench with his hands placed strategically over the keys, his fingers curled. "He just invited us and the boys, so it'll be a small group."

Louis scowled, placing his hands on the bench and letting out a sigh. "I can't swim, you know."

A knowing smile appeared on Harry's face. "Yeaaaaah...I know...but I still told him we'd go. You'll just stay close to me and stay on the shallow end. Or better yet, if you don't wanna get in, you can lounge on the chairs by the poolside. You know, sip on lemonade, take in the sun."

Louis sighed again. "Well, when is it?"

"At 6:30 tonight," Harry said, coming up from behind Louis to give his shoulders a squeeze. It was 2:00 in the afternoon currently, so they didn't have much time.

"Not much notice is it?" He was a bit annoyed not only with how soon the pool party was, but also the fact that Harry didn't discuss it with him first.

"Well is it okay? You don't mind going with me?" Harry pleaded, leaning over to place a kiss to Louis's cheek.

"I'll go," Louis said. He didn't care that much for swimming, but if Harry was going, he would, too. Who knows, he thought, it might actually be fun.

"Great!" Harry said, rubbing Louis's back. "It'll be really fun." He was happy that Louis was going to come with him. He didn't want Louis to be home alone, plus, he knew he wouldn't have as much fun going without him. "So what song were you playing just now?"

"Before you so rudely interrupted me, you mean?" Louis teased.

Harry ignored his comment and sat down on the bench beside him. He placed his own fingers over the white keys. "Show me."

Louis scowled at the improper form of Harry's placement. "Haz, rule number one is you have to curl your fingers, not lay them flat on the keys," he scoffed. He picked up Harry's wrists to guide his fingers into a more standing position. "Like this."

"Oh, I see," Harry said with a grin. "This better?"

"Perfect," Louis said.

"Show me how to play something simple," Harry said, looking over at Louis next to him.

"Well, considering you know nothing about piano," Louis said with a chuckle, "I'll teach you Mary Had a Little Lamb. You know, for babies."

"Hey! I resent that!"

"Well, you said simple, Haz." Louis layed his fingers over the tops of Harry's right hand and began punching out the keys to the popular nursery rhyme. Louis's small hands fit perfectly on top of Harry's large ones as Harry allowed Louis to guide them.

They played it a few times until Harry was able to do it all on his own.

"Good, Harry. Good," Louis said, patting him lovingly on the thigh.