Chapter 6

The time finally came and I was as such a nervous wreck about seeing everybody again for the first time since I've been home. My hands shook with every passing second and my thoughts of what was about to happen next was making my head spin. I paced the floors of the guest room furiously trying to get my thoughts together when there was a soft tapping at the door.

"Just a second!" I yelled as I paced to keep myself busy.

The tapping continued again as I paced a hole in the carpet.

"Hang on a second!" I yelled again.

The door opened and Prince popped his head through the crack.

"Hey! What's the matter?" He asked as he watched me run back and forth.

"Nothing. I'm just freaked out about all of this."

"Why? Everything is gonna be fine. Stop worrying."

"You say that but what if it's not? I'm worried that this could go very bad. Maybe we should call this whole thing off!"

Prince came in the room and closed the door behind him. The sound stopped me from pacing almost instantly. I looked up and saw my lightly tanned lover standing in front of me with sad looking eyes. He took my hands and gave me a small smile.

"Everything will be alright. I don't want you to stress yourself. I will be with you the whole time you have nothing to worry about. I know this is hard for you but they have to know sooner or later."

I knew he was right. There wasn't going to be any secret about it unless I dropped dead today. I had to suck it up and face my fear. At the same time I wanted to hide like a coward and just let this cancer take me once and for all but I knew with Prince around he would make sure that would never happen. Prince was still holding my hands when I realized that I had spaced out while he was trying to give me comfort.

"Did you hear me mouse?" He asked shaking me gently back to earth.

"Yeah! Yeah I did. Thank you." I said trying to be convincing.

He knew I wasn't paying attention and I could see it on his face. Prince was still nice enough to let me zone out whenever I was overthinking things.

  "You worry too much. Everything is gonna be fine I swear." He said.

  "Well let's hope so." I replied sadly as I prepared my emotions to re-rocked to their core again.

He led me to the door and with a reassuring smile he pulled it opened and we walked out into the hallway. My heart raced a million miles a second as we got closer to the top step. I swore I felt the hairs on my neck stand completely straight to the point that they could stabbed me if I touched them.

  "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" I asked timidity.

  "Relax it's fine. Nothing crazy is going to happen. Just breathe love. Remember I'm gonna be with you every step of the way." Prince said in a calmly.

I felt a little better but it still wasn't enough. When we got down to the bottom of the steps I could hear everybody talking amongst themselves. Now I knew my heart was about to explode. As bad as I wanted to call it quits and run back upstairs I didn't. I let Prince pull me into the small room where everyone was waiting to see me. I held on to Prince tightly the closer we got to the room.

  "I right here. I promise." Prince whispered to me.

  "Ok. I'm ready." I said as I let out a deep breath.

Prince opened the door and I stepped inside with a big smile. Everyone got quiet and then came over to hug me.

  "Look who's back from the city of angels! The angel herself!" Jerome said as he hugged me.