Chapter Six.

Throughout the rest of the night, Kellin didn’t have another nightmare. His mind was at ease with Vic’s arm wrapped around him. Vic didn’t go back to sleep, however. He stayed up the rest of the night watching Kellin. He watched his chest rise and fall slowly and the way he would slightly move closer to him.

Vic grabbed Kellin’s wrist and kissed over the bandage again. He noted that Kellin was about to wake up, just by the way he started to move. A light groan came from Kellin’s still sleeping form. He slowly removed his arm and headed down to the kitchen.

“Good morning mom.” Vic kissed his mom on the cheek before getting himself something to eat. Vivian smiled sweetly at him. “Where’s Kellin?” At that moment, Kellin trudged into the kitchen and smiled at the small petite women.

“What are the plans for today, boys?” Vivian asked, looking at all three boys that sat around the table. The two brothers shared a glance together except from Kellin. He stared down at his food, barely touching a thing. Kellin knew he had to get home, the place he feared the most.

“I have to get home.” His voice was just barely over a whisper. Vic quickly snapped his attention to the fragile boy. Kellin kept his gaze for a second before getting up and making his way back to Vic’s room, Vic following closely behind him. Vic grabbed hold of Kellin’s arm, stopping him from making any other movements.

“I can’t let you go back there, Kells. I’m afraid of what you will look like the next time I see you.” Vic had the look of sadness in his eyes. He was truly scared of what Kellin’s father would do to him. He didn’t want Kellin to get hurt. He wanted Kellin to be safe and protect him from anything that could possible harm him in anyway.

“Vic, I have too. I’m already going to get in trouble for not coming home last night. I need to go home.” Kellin pulled his arm away from Vic, slipping on his jacket and getting ready to walk out.

Vic sighed and grabbed a jacket for his self. “I’m going with you.” Kellin nodded, not saying much more. They both waved goodbye to Vic’s mother as they ventured into the cold weather. It was silent between the two boys, and Vic didn’t like the silence.

“Kellin, I know this seems forward, but I have to tell you how I feel.” Vic took a deep breath, now aware that they were standing in front of Kellin’s house. Kellin looked at Vic with confusion written on his face.

“I’ve wanted to talk to you since you first entered the school. Every time I tried, you would look at me like I was going to hurt you. I couldn’t even imagine hurting someone as beautiful as you. I have the biggest crush on you. And I understand if you don’t feel the same about me, but I felt the need to tell you. I just couldn’t hold it in any longer. I think I might be falling head over heels for you.”

Vic took the risk of looking at Kellin; after his little confession. Kellin gaped at Vic, no words coming out. Vic stepped closer to Kellin and placed his hand on Kellin’s pale cheek. Kellin, now knowing what was happening, placed his hands on Vic’s waist. Vic and Kellin continued to hold each other’s gazes as their lips softly brushed together.

Both boys closed their eyes and forced their lips together. They lips molded perfectly together like two puzzle pieces. The kiss was slow and filled with the passion that both of them held for the other. And for once, in that moment, with Vic, Kellin felt happy. He felt the warmth of happiness spread through his body. He felt the smile that appeared in the middle of the kiss. He felt every ounce of misery lift off his shoulders.

But Kellin’s happiness was short lived. Reality came crashing back around him when he heard the angry shout of his father. He knew he would get it worse than what he wanted. Kellin pulled away from Vic and removed his hands. Vic stood behind Kellin, a hand clutching the back of Kellin’s jacket.

“Kellin, get your ass in this house!” His father shouted, making Kellin flinch. He looked back at Vic, hoping he would get the message and leave. Vic only shook his head no. He refused to leave Kellin alone with this man; even though he was scared as well of the man coming towards them.

“Vic, please go. Please.” Kellin begged. Kellin was ripped from Vic’s grasp by his so called father. His father pushed him towards the house, making him stumble a bit. Vic made a movement towards Kellin but was pushed back. “Stay away from my son, faggot.”

Vic stood, shocked, as he watched Kellin be dragged into his house. A scream of pain brought Vic back to reality and he raced to the house; frantically trying to get the locked door open. He felt the warmness of the tears roll down his cheeks when he listened to the screams and cries of pain coming from Kellin.

Vic pounded on the door, the screams of Kellin dying down. Vic only got more and more worried about what was happening inside the house, which held the man he was falling in love with. He pulled out his cell phone with shaky hands and dialed 911.

“911, what’s your emergency?” The lady on the other end asked calmly. Vic explained to her what was going on inside Kellin’s house, his voice going on all over the place. He hung up the phone when the women told him a police officer would be by shortly.

It wasn’t long before a police car pulled up in front of the white two story house. Vic could no longer hear noises coming from inside the house, and that made him even more terrified. He was terrified that maybe Kellin was lying on the floor, his body almost cold and lifeless.

 A man in a uniform walked up to the crying boy, sitting in front of the wooden door. “Son, is the door locked?” Vic nodded, moving out of the way. The officer knocked on the door, calmly stating he was the police. Nobody answered the door, after two more knocks.

A second police officer comes up behind the other one and burst down the door. Vic jumped a bit at the sound but stays seated. He doesn’t want to see the damage that has been done to Kellin. He doesn’t think he could hardly it. Hell, he could hardly handle the thought of it.

“I’m going to need an ambulance at 21st Avenue.” Vic heard one of the officers speak. That made more tears spring to his brown eyes and fall to the ground. He knew the ambulance was for Kellin. 

Vic watched from the side as Kellin was wheeled into the back of ambulance, with medics surrounded around him. Vic wanted to scream, he wanted to run up to Kellin and hold his hand, but most of all, Vic wanted to kill Kellin’s father.