Chapter 15: That was close

Grayson and I were messing around shopping, he made me try on a bunch of funny clothes and walk around the store. He basically died laughing every outfit he saw on me, Ethan stared at me the whole day but didn't say a word. Sydney kept staring at Grayson the whole day and I was getting really pissed. It was late at night and I was over at the guys apartment with everyone else, Sydney was basically up Grayson's butt the whole time. Ethan kept giving me looks, no expression . But we've kept eye contact about 10 seconds like 6 times tonight. "Hey I think I'm going to go for a walk." I said, "it's late at night Mackenzie." Nate said, "It's so beautiful at night, it lets me clear my mind." I said, "be careful." Sydney said, stop being fake. "Thanks." I smiled at her.

I walked up to the spot Grayson took me the other night, I need to breathe.
I heard someone come up behind me and sit down next to me, not a word was spoken. Ethan. He rested his arms on his knees, I sat with my knees to my chest. We didn't speak, just stared of into the sunset. "Why have you been acting weird, and not talking to me?" I said, "What do you mean?" He asked, "don't act like that, you know exactly what I mean. So cough it up Eee-ttt-www-ttt-eee." I said. "Mackenzie I can't keep doing this." He said. "What are you talking about?" I asked, "you! I'm clearly in fucking love with you Mackenzie! The whole thing that we had going, ever since the first time we kissed I fell for you! You're all I think about, and yet you love my brother." He said, "Ethan we said no feelings!" I snapped. "Do you think I wanted this? Huh! It's never going to work anyways, even if you're with me or Grayson! It's not going to work, and even I excepted it." His voice cracked. "Ethan. Im sorry." I said. "I don't know what to say." I sighed. "Can we just go back to normal? I'll be the guy that knocks on your door frame, and you be the one who falls on to the floor." He chuckles as he had a tear slip down his cheek. "Don't cry." I said as I turned his face to me, and then wiped a tear off his cheek. "Best friends?" He asked, "obviously!" I laughed rolling my eyes and taking his hand in mine. He rested his head on mine, "I don't know what I'd do without you." I sighed. "Not have a bed, food, a couch, or fun ass movie nights." He replied, I giggled at his comment. I then looked over at him, and admired his emotions that he showed to me. "Your different, I admire that." I said, "what do you mean?" He asked, "Ethan you just cried over me infront of me, you just told me your in love with me. I can't do that to someone, I'm not brave enough." I said, "I've wanted to tell you how I felt for awhile so it just built up in anger and desire until I couldn't hold it back anymore." He said look me in the eyes, I took our hands that we intertwined and kiss the top of his hand. "Please don't ever leave me." I said looking into his eyes, "I wouldn't even think about it." He said looking deeply into my eyes at the sunset shined on the side of our faces. "Promise?" I asked as I farrowed my eyebrows together, "I promise." He said as he then wrapped an arm around me, I rested my head on his shoulder and I felt him plant a kiss on the top of my head.