Chapter 28: Cute

Ethan and Mer are dating again, it's been a few weeks now since I've hooked them up. Grayson and I are doing great, we go on a date at least once a week, I like surprising him with little gifts here and there, i really love him.
"Babe what's on your mind?" He asked snapping out of my thoughts as we sat on the couch, "you." I said looking over at him, "really?" He asked smiling, "of course, I think about you 24/7, your smile, your laugh, your eyes, your jokes, our memories and how luck I am to have found someone as amazing as you." I said looking into his eyes. "Mackenzie-" "Grayson I love you so much, I can't live without you, I don't know what I'd do without you, you're what keeps me going." I said looking into his beautiful eyes. "Mackenzie I hope I marry you one day, and have kids." He chuckled, "I hope I can show our kids all these pictures of us dating right now." I giggled

I was out shopping with Paige when I got a call from Ethan, "Hey Baby Eth" I laughed into the phone, "m-Mackenzie-" he said crying into the phone as my heart broke to hear him like this, "Ethan?! Ethan what's wrong! I'm coming home what's wrong?!" I begged. "My dad was diagnosed with cancer." He bawled, "Ethan it'll all be ok, I'm coming home right now. Love you." I said as my voice cracked up, "lo-ov-ee you t-oo" he cried.

I ran through the door to Ethan's room, I saw him bawling siting on his bed. I ran over and wrapped my arms around him, his sobs filled my ears, his grip desperately tightened around me, my heart was broken. "I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry Ethan." I said holding him, "why him? H-he doesn't deserve this." He cried. "Ethan I promise you he will get through this, he's an amazing father from what I know of, he's going to be ok. I promise." I said kissing his head, "but wha-" he started "no. No buts. He's going to be ok." I said. "I love you Ethan." I said, and at this moment I wasn't sure how I meant it. Friendly or more. "Shit! Grayson, I'll be back ok eth." I said kissing his head again and then ran down the hall to Grayson room. I slammed the door open, he was standing in the middle of the room, expressionless, "gray." I said, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him, "my dad." He sobbed. "Baby he's going to be ok, I promise you, he's going to be fine." I said, "you don't know that!" He snapped. "You don't fucking know that!" He shouted at me. "Grayson, please stop you're scaring me." I said backing up against the wall, he got close. Face to face, noses about to touch. "I want it off my mind. I want it gone." He said desperately, "baby he's ok, I love you." I said. Then he smashed his lips onto mine, I wiped his tears away as our lips connected.

We laid there naked, "I love you so much" he said to me, "I love you more." I smiled. "No seriously though, your my everything gray. And I'm here for you, and I always will be. Through thick or thin, I'm here. I always will be." I said looking into his eyes. "You're the reason why I'm alive." I said, "baby." He said pulling me close, "I'm going to be here by your side, forever." He said looking into my eyes, my heart flittered, "you still make my heart flutter, and give me butterflies." I giggled, he smiled his perfection. "I'm checking on Ethan, I'll be back." I said, I got changed and walked to Ethan's room. He was watching tv. "Hey." I said walking in, "hey." He said. "How you feeling?" I asked, "broken, scared, worried." He sighed, "come here." I said laying down on his bed. "Lay down." I said. "I'm going to run your back till you go to sleep, relax." I said. "This isn't going to work." He sighed. "Trust me." I said.

He was peacefully sleeping, I examined his face and how he was sleeping. His lips so full, pink, his eye lashes sticking together from tears, dried tears on his cheeks, hair messy. "He's going to be ok, I promise Ethan. It'll all be ok." I said leaning down and pecking his cheek. Then I hesitated looking down at his lips, I wanted them. This isn't right. It's not right. "Love you." I said knowing I should mean it as in friends, then I slipped away back to Grayson room where he was asleep.