Chapter 16: You Knew!

Ethan and I have been hanging out all day, and it's actually fun! Paige and Nate are having a movie night at Ethan's and Grayson's apartment, grayson is sleeping still at his place, and Syd is still passed out on my couch. My thoughts were interrupted when I someone pulled me back onto the ground, "what the hell!" Ethan yelled at me as he was on top of me, "you could've just gotten yourself killed!" He yelled, I didn't know! "I wasn't paying attention!" I grumbled. "Well no shit!" He groaned, he was still on top of me. We both just stayed there, looking into each other's eyes, then my phone went off. "Hey can you bring me something to eat? I'm starving!" Syd said on the other side of the phone, "yea sure." I said and hung up.

Ethan and I grabbed some pizza to eat, it was so good. "So what were you thinking about earlier?" He asked, "I don't know. I just...it's like I wasn't even here." I said, "ok well let get home before blondie gets angry." Ethan laughed, "yea.." I sighed rolling my eyes.

I unlocked my door to my apartment to see no Sydney, so Ethan and I went to check their place. We opened the door and Sydney was sucking face with Grayson, something inside of me broke. I felt betrayed, heartbroken, jealousy, and mostly anger. "What the fuck?!" I shouted, the pulled away from each other and Grayson wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "What was going on?" Ethan asked, "nothing-" Grayson said, "nothing! That sure didn't seem like fucking nothing." I snapped. Sydney looked at the ground the whole time, "and you. I should've trusted you, I knew better. I fucking knew better, but I give people too many chances." I said, "I don't see what's the big deal!" Grayson shouted at me. "You don't see what the big deal is! Well maybe Sydney will tell you, huh Syd?" I said getting in her face. "I don't know." She mumbled. "Mackenzie calm down." Ethan sad pulling me away from her. "No I'm not going to calm down Ethan! She knew I had feelings for Grayson, I fucking told her! That's why you called isn't it? So I'd walk in on you too! Just like highschool when you ripped the towel off me! YOU RUIN EVERYTHING FOR ME!" I screamed at her. "What's going on?!" Nate and Paige came out looking at us. "Mackenzie I didn't-" Grayson said by the look on his face he felt bad. "Grayson how couldn't you tell! GRAYSON IM IN LOVE WITH YOU! I CANT GO 24 FREAKING OURS WITH OUT WANTING TO HANG OUT WITH YOU!" I shouted, his expression changed. His jaw was clenched. "I hate you." I snapped and then shoved past me walking out of the apartment. My world just crushed in. "Grayson!" Ethan shouted in anger and chased after Grayson. "Mackenzie-" Syd said, "get your shit out of my house, leave once you have your things, don't think about me, don't talk to me, don't look at me, I don't ever want to see you in my life ever again, you've ruined everything for me!" I screamed as tears ran down my face, I ran out of Ethan's apartment and into mine running into my bedroom and slamming and locking the door. I went over to night stand and threw my lamp against the wall watching it shatter into a million pieces. The tears were running down my face by now, I was historically crying. I slid down my door pulling my knees to my chest and holding my head. What did I ever do to her? I'm the girl who laughs and smiles through everything, but now....now I'm broken. I'm never going to be able to love again. I hate him! I hate him! I hate how I don't hate him, not one bit!