|Chapter 6| Save Us

Demi's P.O.V

I watch as the door creek open after I had my ear pressed to it. I heard soft angelic yet broken singing of a little girl through the other side of the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and demanded the door to be open. I squinted into the darkness.

Realizing it was the door to a basement. I could only make out the first few steps due to the light casting behind me.

I was even more confused. I heard singing. What the hell was Wilmer trying to show me anyway?

I reach for my phone from my purse since I didn't have pockets.

I switched on my flashlight mode and shine the bright light into the basement. My light slowly casted over the staircase.

Seeing a trail of red made my stomach churn. Coming to the conclusion of a trail of blood. Letting my light follow the trail. My light landed on two figures.

I saw two little girls. I was barely able to make out there hair color and skin tone. They were drenched in sweat, blood and dirt. They must've been twins. Two girls.. twins.

My eyes widen and I practically raced down the staircase. These were Wilmer's two little girls. Elyanna and Jademy..

I shone my light on them. The girl who had her eyes wide open was fear written all over her. She couldn't have been older than three.

"Hey baby," I cooed gently squatting to match her level. "how long have you been here?" I asked gently.

"Since daddy came home.." she said quietly. She fidgeted. Holding onto her sister tightly.

"What's your name sweetie?" I asked as motherly as I could conjure.

"Elyanna.." she whispered. "I'm tired.."

"Ok baby. Don't go to sleep.. stay awake for Demi ok.." I begged. She nodded. I looked down at her sister. That must be Jademy then.

I noticed her hand on top of her sisters stomach. Blood soaked.

I gasped and reached out to touch her stomach. Elyanna flinched and attempted to scoot back.

"S-stop.. please. Don't hurt me.." she coked out. Barely audible.

"Baby your safe. You need to go to the hospital-" I started.

"No!" She screeched. "No hospital- no people.. bad people.." she yelled.

She looked at me with tearful eyes. "I'm sorry.. don't hurt me.." she cried. It shattered my heart.

"It's ok baby.. I found you.. I'm going to save you.." I told her gently.

"Save.. us?" She questioned almost trying out the words for the first time.

I nodded and picked her up. I slung her onto my back so I could pick up her sister bridal style. She was so cold and barely breathing. Wilmer almost fucking killed the kid.

I ran past Wilmer. Glaring at him as I guess he got board for me waiting by the door, he was long gone and talking to a girl.

I hissed and found Nick. He seemed sober as I approached him. "Nick!" I called out.

He turned to me and his eyes widen. "What the fuck?!" He screamed.

"Nick.. this Elyanna and Jademy.." I told him. "Jademy.. She's barely breathing.. help me.." I begged.

He nodded. It took only seconds as we were speeding to the hospital. I found them.. I'm saving them..