|Chapter 10| Worth It

Demi's P.O.V

I let out a gut wrecking sigh as I paced back and forth while I rubbed my temples. Adopting? Fostering?!? That was a gigantic leap I would most likely not make.

Damn I'm no ballerina I can only jump like centimeters high in the air.. I'm too old to be leaping and flying anyways.

Nick tried to talk to me but it was hard to get a word when I would snap at him or glare his way. Heck, I'm even mumbling to myself now.

"Ms Lovato, Mr Jonas," I heard the names be called by a unfamiliar voice. Rubbing the back of my neck my head snapped upwards.

I looked at the doctor whom must've read out names as both Nick and I darted towards him.

"Caretakers of the Valderrama Twins as of right now aye?" He asked kindly. I nodded.

He motion is to follow and so I willingly relaxed and let him guide us to the room.

"The girls are in the same room as off right now. Jademy is asleep, the IV drained her energy. Plus she was restless since she's been kept up all night.. anyway. Elyanna refused not to sit by her. She's hooked to a portable IV stick so she is sitting next to the bed.." he explained. Careful not to miss a single detail.

I nodded and stalked into the room carefully. I walked in. Both girls fully dressed in a hospital gowns. There faces was dirty and covered with scratches and cuts. Dried Blood still tangled into there hair.

Elyanna, or Anna, looked at me with the most gorgeous looking pair of eyes. She didn't look much older than three. She was skinny pale and weak.

But those eyes. Those gorgeous blue shining eyes. They held fear, lost, loneness and they.. they were broken. But something shimmered in there slight corner. Hope.

As I looked into her eyes. I knew what I was about to do was worth it. With that. I made my decision.