☆《Twenty》☆

Emmet-

She was incredibly graceful as she descended the stairs. My eyes never once leaving her as I watched the full white skirt of her ball gown swish from side to side with her movements. She was the absolute epitome of beauty, and I had foolishly let her get away.

But if what we had was real, and I was sure it was, then she must still love me-- right? I mean she had to, didn't she? How could she not?

"Brother."

Edward's voice from beside me, suddenly pulled me from my inner monolog. As I stood there, arguing with my self, I realized I had lost track of Evelyn. But apparently, she hadn't lost track of me.

"Over there," my brother nudged me in the side, drawing my attention towards a darkened corner of the crowded room.

As I casually glanced in her direction, she lifted her hand up to her lips before blowing me a soft kiss. My undead cheeks would have blushed if they could, but instead I could feel a large grin spread across my face.

She began walking towards a doorway, but not before turning and gesturing for me to follow. I nervously glanced down at Edward who nodded his head in confidence.

"Go get her," he smiled before clasping me on the shoulder. "And show her some of that Emmett charm she's been missing since she left."
***

Evelyn-

My heart thundered in my chest the moment I saw him. He was watching me so intently as I drifted down the stairs, that I could instantly feel my face heat up.

I quickly made my way to a darkened part of the room and scanned the crowd for Niklaus. No doubt he was in his study, protecting his precious scotch from these drunken hordes. With him more than like preoccupied with that, now was my chance.

It was easy to grab Emmett's attention and coax him down to the cellar, but now that we were here, what did I say?

Sighing heavily, I closed my eyes for a moment to regain my fervor. I didn't want to hurt Emmett, but it had to be done. Afterall, I was pregnant now by another man.

His large frame filled the doorway, a smirk pulling at his lips. My stomach churned with butterflies as he sauntered forward.

"Evie."

His voice sounded thick, his eyes darkened with lust-- and my own body betrayed me as I melted in to his touch.

"Evelyn, please," he begged. "Come back with me."

His eyes darted back and forth between my eyes and my lips as he internally debated whether he should kiss me or not. And for a moment, I actually wanted him too.

"Emmett, stop," I said, placing my palms flush against his chest. "I'm with Klaus now."

"You're with Klaus now," he repeated my words in a mocking tone. "What does that even mean?"

"It means exactly that," I replied.

"Ok," he frowned, apparently deciding to play along. "So then you're not denying that you still have feelings for me."

My mouth gaped open. "That's not at all what I said."

"It's not so much what you said, but what you left out," he countered.

This was starting to get out of hand.

"Look, Emmett--"

"Well, well well. What do we have here?"

I was sure my heart had stopped beating for a whole thirty seconds. If there was anyone as loyal to Klaus as  his siblings, it was Marcel. I had only met the man a handful of times, but I could already tell this was about to get ugly.

"Marcel, it's not what you think," I said, taking a defensive step in front of Emmett.

"Oh really?" he smirked. "Tall, pale, incredibly handsome and as cold as ice? I'd say it's exactly what it looks like."

I could feel Emmett stiffen to his full height as Marcel stepped around me.

"I was warned about you," Marcel informed him. "Niklaus thought you might show up tonight, and it looks like he was right."

Marcel took off his sport jacket and began rolling up his sleeves as he talked. A trick I knew he had learned from Elijah when he was about to get his hands dirty.

"So have you told him yet?" Marcel quirked an eyebrow at me.

"Told me what?" Emmett snarled.

"Marcel, stop."

"Oh c'mon Evie! Why are you keeping the Cullen boy from the good news?"

"Evie, what's he talking about?" Emmett asked, spinning me around to face him.

"It's nothing," I lied.

This was not how I wanted him to find out.

"That's funny," Marcel taunted. "It sure didn't seem like nothing when you excitedly rushed down the stairs to tell Klaus this morning."

With a sharp turn on my heel, I glared at Marcel. How did he know what I had done this morning? Come to think of it--

"What are you doing down here Marcel? How did you know where to find me?"

"Klaus told me to keep an eye on you."

"I doubt it," I frowned. In fact I was pretty sure Klaus had promised to keep an eye on me himself.

"What are you doing down here, Marcel?" I narrowed my eyes as I  questioned him again. "This time, the truth," I warned.

"All right," Marcel smiled, the veins around his eyes turning black as his fangs elongated. "You caught me."

As he stalked towards me, I was beginning to feel faint. I always knew there was something about him, something that was a little off, but the family seemed to trust him, and because of that, so did I.

"The salt lines--"

"I was already inside," he chuckled. "And besides, I'm not really here to hurt you, I'm here to hurt Klaus," he explained. "When I saw you come down here, I knew this would be the perfect opportunity," he said. "But what I hadn't counted on, was your lover boy showing up and screwing with my plans."

"I'm going to kill you," he smirked as he glanced between me and Emmett. "All three of you."

Suddenly, Emmett growled from beside me as he lunged forward, attacking Marcel and throwing me out of the way in the process. My body slammed into a brick wall as the two continued to scuffle and I screamed out in horrific pain. Reaching up, I touched the back of my head and pulled my fingers back down. There was a red sticky substance coating the tips.

Blood. My blood-- and my vision was beginning to go hazy.

I looked up, just as Emmett thrust his hand into Marcel's chest.

"Emmett, no!" I screamed, but it was already too late-- in Emmett's hand laid Marcel's unbeating heart.

I tried to stay awake, tried to keep a firm grasp on what was going on around me, but it was so hard, and the darkness seemed so peaceful. Emmett rushed over to me, kneeling down by my side and all I could think about was how Klaus was going to kill him.

I reached up to caress his cheek, the voice of Rebekah faintly entering my conscious. Someone was telling me to come back, but the darkness was too consuming. My hand dropped back down to my side, but all I really remember thinking was that Emmett didn't feel so cold anymore-- and then, there was nothing.