Chapter Twenty Seven

I stuck by my promise and here's the next chapter :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello" Padma said, her voice cracking slightly.

Draco scrunched a face as he looked at her coldly.

"I..." She didn't know what else to say. Draco had intimidated Padma and she now felt sick in the stomach.

Draco remained speehcless, finding all this highly amusing, as he flickered his signature smirk on his lips. Padma simply swallowed dry, regretting every moment of this knowing that the Slytherins will soon be teasing her about it, if not the whole school.

"I should go." She mumbled quickly, getting up sharply. She hugged her bag not realising that the strap was tangled around her foot. As she stepped away from the seat and hurried to the exit, she stumbled forward, tripping over and falling on the floor.

Draco barked a laugh, but soon turned it into a cough as Luna came in the Great Hall.

Padma, was biting her tongue as hard as she could not wanting to let the tears that have formed in her eyes, roll down her crimson cheeks. She pulled her bag, but the strap was still tangled around her foot.

Luna noticed Padma and made her way towards her. She looked behind her and saw Draco looking at her, a small smirk covering his lips. Luna simply ignored him and went over to give her friend a helping hand.

"Here." Luna whispered as she untagled the strap around Padma's foot and helped her get up. By now, Padma had let a desperate tear stain her cheek as she noticed just how embarrassing all this turned out to be.

But as soon as one tear was out, all the rest followed. It didn't turn out to be like the images she had forged in her head. It didn't turn out to be like that at all. Maybe all the hallucinations about seing a different side to him, were wrong. He was still the cold Malfoy everyone knew him by.

Luna pulled Padma into a hug, knowing that she very well needed one. Draco who was staring at her simply shurgged a shoulder as Luna looked at him over Padma's shoulder.

Padma sniffled and pulled away. "Thank you Luna. Really." She smiled and hurried past her not wanting to give Draco a last glance. It was good that there was hardly anyone in the Great Hall as she was spared from any more embarrassement.

And as Padma left, Luna wanted to follow knowing how uncomfortable Draco made her feel.

"Sit." Draco said locking his eyes with Luna's.

Luna sighed and sat not wanting to make a scene. Draco leaned forward, but Luna flinched.

"What's your problem?" He muttered as he narrowed his eyes at her. His grey eyes scanning her features.

"You're bipolar behaviour, Draco." She wanted to sound confident, trying not to let her voice crack.

Draco laughed loudly. He couldn't believe Luna had just said that to him. He was stubborn to believe it but he knew that it was wrong of him to think otherwise.

He had grown to really care for Luna and knew that he needed to say the words he had learnt to never say. So, he suddenly stopped laughing and simply looked at Luna, trying to make his expressions as soft as possible.

Draco couldn't lose Luna, because he started to feel things for her.

He could sense that by her behaviour, he made Luna uncomfortable. And Draco simply couldn't do that to the person he loved.

It's true.

Draco loved Luna. Even though, he knew about this before he knew that now these feelings were truly real and concrete. He really was in love with Luna.