3 |Metamorphosis

A man of nineteen with ebony hair, stares at his mirror intensely. He held a container that's supposedly to be wax, you could tell his eagerness by styling up for a very important, official date with a highschool crush from the past.

He had many plans that of late noon. Yoshikawa Yuna is a special girl to him that is. A certain grinning orange haired male strode to Ken's bed. The smile never left his young face.

He plopped in Kaneki's bed chuckling light at his friend "Wow, My little Buddy's all grown up!" He teased, he happy for his best friend yes, indubitably true.

He's being normal, that's the best thing to ever happen. Nagachicka thought. Heck, Kaneki was having dates with girls than he has. Though he too had no experience with them.

Ken nodded to his slight teasing "Yeah..it's weird isn't?" He fixes his collar.

"What is?" Hideyoshi tilted his head to the side.

"I'm actually nervous..This is my second date. (Added that their
hotshots) But, I'm still uneasy about all of this " He lowers his gaze to the floor.

Hideyoshi rises from Kaneki's bed, and walks towards to the owner. He clasped the male's right shoulder, his eyes shone a gleam of faith in him.

"You know Kaneki, the date's going to be a blast" He gave him a reassuring nod "The only thing you Ken Kaneki should know is that.."

"You should be you, that want people like being true to yourself especially Yoshikawa if you change that..then how will she like you?" Hide had a more sincere yet, serious look on his face.

After a stare down with his close friend, Kaneki nods to him "Well, if you say that kind of things..then I'll trust your opinion" Ken fixes his hair back to the way of was. Normal. Through looking at the mirror, Hideyoshi was by his side. "Thanks for being here for me" He glanced at his friend with a smile

"I'll always be here for you, Kaneki" He grinned to his bestfriend.

The alarm in his phone beeped loudly. He snatched it from his pocket and opened the thing wth a small click.

Immediately, Kaneki felt like cold water had washed over him "Oh no.." Was all he could say at that moment. It was already 5:39 in the afternoon! The time was set at 6 and it took and hour and a half to get here from Anteiku.

Kaneki hurriedly puts on his see green jacket and slips on his shoes whilst grabbing his sling bag. In one action.

"Hide! Lock up the place before you go alright?" Kaneki lightly shouted on his way out. He didn't wait for his friend's reply and continued on about down to the stairs.

--
"Sure.." Nagachicka lazily said, as he plopped to Ken's bed and watched some television. Getting worked up by a girl sounds really...strange and fun? He thought.
--

Kaneki hails in a cab, swooping again at his wrist watch. Five forty "I really hope I still have time" He whispers to himself "Sir? Can this thing go any faster" He asked in a trembling voice.

"Yer got a problem?" The taxi driver turned to see Kaneki. He had a wrinkly face with a scar on his right eye and a loose tooth on his left side of his smelly mouth. "N-nothing" he slowly looked at the side window.