Chapter Fourteen

I know its been forever! But, here ya go :)

((Check out my new Nick Jonas fic 'Dog Days'! There's only one chapter up right now))

Sweet Dreams

Chapter Fourteen

Lizzie couldn't help but pace as she played her guitar around the empty Juillard studio. She couldn't beleive her audition was at the end of this week, it seemed so soon. She had her song picked out, one she wrote earlier in the month that was more of the band's sound, but it still didn't seem right. She began to sing to herself as she played, trying to get used to her new lyrics but it wasn't sticking to her. Something wasn't right with it.

"I had a feeling you would be rehearsing."

Lizzie looked up from her guitar to see her brother, Nick, standing in the doorway of the studio. Lizzie smiled widely as she moved her guitar to her side, running towards him as they embraced in a hug.

"Oh my God, what are you doing here?" She asked excitedly. 

Nick chuckled, "Did you really think I wouldn't be here to cheer you on for your big audition? I wouldn't miss it for anything."

She smiled. The two did get to see each other from time to time, but the ending of the school year brought a lot of pressure for both of them so their meetings became a bit more scarce. Lizzie sighed.

"I'm so nervous, Nick." 

Nick shurgged. "Well, that can be a good thing." Lizzie gave him a look, he sighed. "Alright, I'm not the best with showbiz advice...but can we go out to lunch? You look like you need a break."

She smiled, taking her guitar off her body as she placed it in the case. "I'd like that." 

With that, the brother and sister left the school, the audition still nagging Lizzie's mind as they walked the streets of Manhattan.

XXX

"You know, guys, I'm impressed." Nick looked between his sister and girlfriend as he put his napkin down. "Last time I was here, you got pizza from Dominos and now we're actually in a real New York pizza place!"

Lizzie rolled her eyes as Rachel slapped the boys arm, a smile coming onto his face. Lizzie knew Nick would be excited when Lizzie texted Rachel to surprise him at the Big Bite Pizzaria, considering when he got off the train he came straight to see his sister. Lizzie wished Kurt could have came, but he was busy at the office of Vogue.com.

"Okay, we know we were naivee. You can stop bringing it up now." Rachel courted.

Nick kissed her cheek making Lizzie fake gag which earned a laugh from Rachel but a look of disapporval from Nick. 

"Lizzie, are you still struggling with a song?" Rachel asked, taking a bite from her slice of pizza. "I'm sure I can find a Babara song that would be perfect for you."

Lizzie smiled, knowing full well that Rachel knew she could never pull off a Babs song. It just wasn't her style, and she didn't have a broadway voice like Rachel's to pull it off. She picked at her pepperoni.

"I wrote a new one, but it just isn't me." She sighed. "I don't know what I'm going to do."

Nick gave her a smile. "Well, maybe you should talk to someone who knows you better musically than we do."

Lizzie perked up, realizing that she could do one better--she could talk to someone who had her best interest at heart. She only hoped he would answer the phone.