Chapter Seven

So, I decided I'm not going to kill of Finn in these stories. Through these stories, I want to keep Finn Hudson alive, as well as the fictional relationship between Lizzie and Finn.

In other news, I've been listening to the Tribute Episode's songs and I'm sad now): 

Swan Song

Chapter Seven

Its never fun to wake up any day during the first week of school, and Lizzie made that obvious by waking up a little later than her 7:30 alarm wanted her to be. Thanksgiving weekend turned out to be better than expected for the girl, Brody came over a lot, nothing special happened, just to hangout. Though, while Rachel told them to just ‘make out already’, Kurt was busy reconnecting with Blaine. The two weren’t the best of friends yet, but they were still friends…talking and texting like they used to.

Lizzie and Rachel sat in the kitchen finishing the last of their breakfast, Rachel still in her pajamas while Lizzie just wore simple black jeans, a slouchy white top with a leather jacket, snacking on her eggs while she and Rachel shared a conversation about wanting to go back to sleep. Kurt then walked in, hanging up his phone as he entered. They both knew he was talking to Blaine, thats all he seemed to be talking to these days, and both of them couldn’t be happier.

"That was Blaine….they lost Sectionals." Lizzie and Rachel both gasped as Kurt continued. “That new girl, Marley, passed out on stage and the Warblers won."

"Oh my god…" Lizzie whispered, getting up to put her plate in the sink. “So…so that’s it then. What are they going to do now?"

New Directions has never lost Sectionals, so they were always preparing for the next competition. What would they be doing without one to prepare for?

 "I dunno," Kurt shrugged, putting the milk away. “I just feel bad for Blaine, if he was still with the Warblers he would be on his way to Regionals right now."

Lizzie bit her lip, “Do you think I should call Finn?" 

She knew Finn was in charge of the club now, and she couldn’t imagine how hard it must be for him to deal with losing such an important competition. Sectionals is the gateway to all of the other Show Choir procedures, he must feel awful.

"I wouldn’t." Rachel voiced in, beginning to wash the dishes. “Imagine coming down from one loss just to be reminded of an even bigger one." She gestured to her friend

Lizzie sighed, Rachel did have a point. Calling him actually sounded like the bitchest thing to do, and the two did agree to stop letting one another know about their problems. She nodded, agreeing  with Rachel’s stand. 

"Our friends' feelings aside," Kurt began. “Its really made me think of making the most out of chances you have. I got one more chance of getting into NYADA and I can’t blow the audition."

"Its not your last chance," Rachel pointed out. “You can always reapply."

Kurt shook his head, “No, I can’t live my life chasing something the Universe is telling me I can’t acheive."

Lizzie nodded, “Yeah, just like the Juillard Golden Tickets."

The Golden Tickets were the ultimate invite, the invite to perform at the Winter Showcase that both Jullard and NYADA shared. All before Thanksgiving Break, Lizzie got to watch a select few of upperclassmen get their tickets from Ms. Parker herself, their smiles huge as they cried tears of joy. Rachel even got one from NYADA, the only freshman in ten years to achieve such an honor.

Kurt raised an eyebrow. “What now?"

"The Winter Showcase is like NYADA and Juillard’s MET Ball." Rachel explained, happy to explain something she was invited to. “Five students from both schools are invited to perform…the creme of the creme. Just getting invited is an honor, winners went on to win Golden Globes, Oscars, Tonys, Grammys…each agree, the best moment of their careers is getting handed that envelope."