Chapter Nine

I skipped two episodes because wow i love this one. It'll be in two parts. 

I Do (Part One)

Chapter Nine 

When Lizzie got the invitation to Mr. Schue and Ms. Pillsbury's Wedding, she could hardly beleive it. It felt like it was only yesterday when the Glee Club performed in the pool to help Mr. Schue propose, and now they were finally tying the knot, and on Valentine's Day, the day of ultimate love. 

It was nice being back in Lima, especially with Rachel, Kurt, and Nick. The brother and sister duo stayed at their house, their parents being a little bit too thrilled with the idea of having them back for an entire week. It wasn't until the Wednesday before the wedding when Finn called Lizzie, asking if she wanted to get coffee with him. Although the two were on good terms again, Lizzie was a bit hesitant to see her ex, especially now that she was in a relationship with Brody. But, she had to remember that the two were friends first, and that was all they were going to be now. 

So, that's how she ended up sitting on the couches in the Lima Bean across from Finn. The boy looked tired, his eyes droopy and his mouth shaped in a frown. But, he did offer a little smile to the girl across the table.

"Thanks for coming to meet me." He looked back down at the scar in his hands. "I thought that Brody guy was going to be with you, I didn't think you'd want to spend your first Valentine's Day apart." A smug smile took over his lips.

Lizzie knew Finn didn't want to hear her talk about Brody, so she kept it short and sweet. "He was a little weird about going to a stranger's wedding so..." She noticed his 'away' gaze, making her sit up.

"Okay, what's going on? You look like you slept in those clothes..." She noticed his lack of eye contact, making her put her hands on his face to look at her. "And you're not even looking at me."

"I kissed Ms. Pillsbury." Finn spoke, his voice low.

Lizzie removed her hands from his face, her own face conveying shock as she sat back in her chair. Finn and Ms. Pillsbury? That was enough to make her cringe. She blinked a couple of times, trying to get her bearings.

"Did she kiss you back?" 

Finn shook his head. "No, she's totally freaked out by it. I-I don't even know how it happened, we've been spending all this time together and I...I kissed her."

Lizzie played with the pendent on her necklace. "Does Mr. Schue know?"

"No, I don't think so. She wouldn't tell him..." He licked his lips in thought, "But maybe I should."

Lizzie put her hands out, stopping him. "No, no, don't. Remember how you felt about Puck after you found out about him and Quinn? You almost punched his mohawk off."

"I'M THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD." Finn yelled.

Lizzie shook her head at the patrons, all of them now looking at the duo, before she went back to comforting Finn. Or at least trying to.

"No, you're not. What you did wasn't great, but I get it." He looked up at her. "This is a confusing time for you, and maybe Ms. Pillsbury gave you comfort, or what you belevied was comfort. We'll work it out, okay?"

Finn nodded. "I guess, but, I don't know what to do."

"You always wanted to be an actor, right? So, here's your chance to play the 'Supportive Best Man'."

With a gentle pat on the knee, Lizzie got up and left the Lima Bean, leaving Finn alone to his thoughts. 

XXX