Ross

When you have feelings for someone, real and strong feelings, you have this urge for them; this certain craving. You want to hold their hand, hug them, talk to them, see them. But once you kiss that person, an desire you have is completely heightened. It's an addiction. You try a little bit, and you just want more. It's all you think about, the only thing you want at any given time of day. Here's where I get lucky, I live with my drug.

The thing about my drug, it makes reality disappear. I had either completely forgotten that she'd left or I just didn't care anymore, but what I knew for sure was I was head over heels in love again. Not that I stopped, but now it was taking over every part of me. I couldn't help but think it was because things had changed between us. We'd both grown and changed as individuals. But I couldn't seem to see what was wrong with us before exactly, not that I was thinking about the past anymore. After that kiss, I was completely hooked on what was in store for us next.

I walked downstairs and could hear the laughter from the stairs as I came down, it grew louder as I walked into the kitchen and became clear that under their laughter was singing.

Music was playing and they were singing along, but with their laughter t was hard to make out what exactly was playing. I tried to hide a smile. It I couldn't help myself. Rydel was always happy; always smiling and singing. I'd forgotten that Mia was the exact same way when she was happy.

Rydel had her hands and they were moving around in place in front of the island. Rydel spun her and Mia threw her head back with laughter. She was so...so free.

I paused the music and they both stopped, instantly spinning around to see me.

"What the hell!" Rydel said, still smiling. She laughed and came after me,"You never shut down a dance party!" She laughed as she threw playful hits my way. I let her get a few hits in before blocking her.

Her phone started ringing in the other room and she finally stopped. She groaned,"I'll be right back," she said. When she passed me she gave me a look and nodded back in Mia's direction before walking out. I looked at Mia, still smiling. She was doing the same when we heard Rydel yell,"The dance party is NOT. OVER!" She yelled as she ran up the stairs.

We both laughed and I started walking towards Mia. She bit her bottom lip as she smiled before laughing and looking away.

"What?" I asked as I kept walking closer.

She didn't say anything, only shrugged. I was hoping my being there and the decreasing distance wasn't uncomfortable for her.

"I'm awkward, that's all." She said.

That's when I noticed it, her biggest change. She spoke her mind, her feelings, what she was thinking. I started to feel it again, only stronger. I could tell she wasn't scared of me anymore.

I reached my hand up behind her and came around, moved her hair off of her shoulders and she looks at me with the same smile. Physically nostalgic for me yet foreign in concept and meaning.

"Well are you gonna kiss me or what?" Her voice was quiet, as if just for me to hear.

This was someone new. A new Mia. And words can't describe the urge I had to kiss her. I lost my chance by looking into her eyes too long but not long enough. Rydel's footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs.

I leaned in close and whispered softly to her,"Soon."

She knew it meant it, I could see it as I walked away. One thing about me, I never go back on my word. I knew something she didn't, and intended to use it to my advantage.