Chapter 1: The beginning of everything [EDITED]

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight or any of its characters, they belong to Hino Matsuri. 

A/N: And so, I edited this, again. I'll be editing the earlier chapters.

It all begins with a lone girl clad in only a thin white dress stumbling down a deserted alleyway, wandering aimlessly, not knowing where to go, who she was, or what she was supposed to do. She staggered down the alleyway, hand pressed on to the wall beside her for support, as blood dripped down her body, leaving a trail of her blood in her wake, staining the ground which had been covered by snow a crimson red. Her only visible left eye stared blankly at the path she is taking, her right eye covered by her hair which had been stained by the blood flowing out from it.

The said girl continued dragging her chained feet, moving forward aimlessly, trying to find her purpose for living, her face blank, void of any emotions. Anyone would have mistaken her for a porcelain doll had she not been moving, with her blood flowing from her wounds.

She started swaying dizzily on the spot.as black dots started covering her line of vision, However, she continued moving forward, dragging her tired feet which had started to turn blue from the cold.

 Her hand trembled and turned white with the exerted effort used to hold onto the wall for support. A cold bead of perspiration rolled off her temple as she continued to strive to move forward.

_________________________________________

 Somewhere from on the rooftop of a deserted building right beside the deserted alleyway, something licked its lips maliciously, and stared at its prey hungrily with crazed eyes. Its aura reeked of blood lust and of something inhuman.

 It stared at the trail of blood the lone girl left, and deeply inhaled the scent. A scent of fresh blood it should have been used to from hunting its prey, but this time, her scent of blood smells different. Her blood smells exotic, a scent it had never smelt before. The taste of it would most likely be extravagant, from the mouth-watering scent it gave out.

 After a few more seconds, the said creature stopped appraising its soon-to-be prey. Its thirst had overwhelmed its other senses, and it repositioned itself, its stance changing to that of a predator hunting its prey.

 It slowly waited for the right timing, before leaping down from the building and pulling the girl into an embrace from behind her. Everything had been done in silence and without any warning at all, thus the girl didn't even have a chance to make out any sound, with the creature's bony hand clasped onto her mouth. The only sign of emotion that can be noticed from the girl is by the way her only visible eye widened, and the way her body had tensed up.

 She just had bad luck, to be food for it. The creature had been watching her and was reluctant to kill her, as it had felt when it had killed all its other victims, but it was inevitable. It is the predator, she is the prey. In this world, only the strong survive, and the weak dies. It is strong, while she is weak, so she must be sacrificed for it to continue living.

_____________________________________________

 The girl was suddenly pulled into an embrace from behind by someone bigger than her. Her body tensing up, she is helpless as the person or thing uses its nails to slowly cut the skin on her neck.

 A bony hand clasped over her mouth, preventing her from crying out, even though the said girl was not even reacting to whatever it just did.

 Deep red blood welled out from her pale skin.

 "Blood... Your blood smells so good... Don't be afraid... I'll be done in an instant... It'll only hurt for a second... I'll be gentle..." its rough voice hissed into her ear. The girl could hear it licking its tongue in anticipation before its tongue slid up her neck, lapping up the blood which had pooled from the cut it made on her neck. 

She stiffened as a pair of sharp glistening fangs sank down on her soft neck, draining away the last bits of life still left in her. Her vision became even hazier as more black dots clot her sight, as her body slowly slackened and turned colder at every passing second.

 The creature suddenly froze, and looked up in fear, lifting its fangs off the girl's limp body. 

 With her deteriorated sight, the girl barely made out a person in front of her, as she struggled to keep awake, before succumbing into the darkness.

___________________________________________

Having sensed someone painfully familiar and dear to him, Kuran Kaname headed out, only to hasten his pace when he detected the scent of her blood. It would be bad if her blood starts attracting surrounding vampires to attack her.

However, he arrived just in time to see a Level E sink its fangs into her.

 Feeling boiling rage within himself, he appeared right in front of the Level E, his eyes glowing red.

 He gently pulled the girl towards him and embraced her with one arm, and before the Level E vampire had any time to react, its body had already blown up in bits, courtesy of the Kuran Pureblood.

"For harming someone important to me... That shall be your punishment." he snarled, his anger eminent in his voice.

 He then slowly set her down on the cold snow-covered ground and started stopping her blood flow with his abilities before he whisked her off to the only one man he could trust with her safety——- Cross Kaien.

_____________________________________________

And so, Chapter 1 ends. I've edited this again. I'll be editing the earlier chapters all over again... Probably.