Chapter 4: The Unwanted Stranger

Disclaimer: Vampire Knight or its characters do not belong to me. They belong to Hino Matsuri-sensei.

Though I said it's edited, I may still come back to edit even more. Like the Hikari part. I might [mostly likely] get rid of unnecessary things that makes my plot more confusing.

They moved into a building within the Cross Academy campus. As weeks slowly passed, turning into months, Zero finally started opening up to everyone, especially Yuki and Yami. 

Until a certain day, when Kaname came to visit.

They had just finished their meal when Kaname arrived. Yami had finished her food earlier and had excused herself to head back to her room to rest, as she was not feeling well.

________________________________________________________________

"Kaname-sama, um...." Yuki said while slowly pulling Kaname to the dining room. Kaname smiled and used his hand to gently caress Yuki's face. Zero, at that time, could only see Kaname's hand caressing Yuki's face as he was sitting in the dining room with Chairman Cross. However, his expression changed immediately after he saw Kaname. 

Grabbing a knife with his hand, he dashed towards Kaname, wanting nothing more but to just stab the Pureblood. Yuki stepped in front of Kaname trying to stop him.

"No, Zero...!" 

Before Yuki could finish her sentence, Kaname pulled her out of the way as Zero would have stabbed her if she continued standing in front of him.

"Kaname-sama!" Yuki gasped when she saw that Zero had plunged the knife into Kaname's wrist. "Vampire!!" Zero snarled as he tried to plunge the knife deeper into Kaname's wrist.  

"Charging at a guest with a knife in your hand is hardly friendly behaviour..." Kaname said, looking at Zero coldly. "Shut up, vampire! You stink just like the way that woman did!" Zero yelled.

"That woman'...? Then you must be... Kiryuu Zero...? I've heard about you. My condolences on the loss of your family. However... I do not intend to be killed by you." Kaname said, pulling the knife out and dropping it on the floor.

"He's not your target for revenge, Zero-kun..." Chairman Cross said, placing one hand on Zero's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Kaname-sama... You're bleeding..." Yuki said worriedly at Kaname.

"It's okay, Yuki. It'll heal in a flash. I'm a vampire, remember?" Kaname said, trying to convince Yuki that he was fine, "Besides... I'm not the one in real pain right now."

As Chairman Cross brought  Zero back into his room, Zero passed Yami, who had been standing in the hallway, but as he saw Yami, he paused and bit out, "So you're on that vampire's side too?" but he went into his room before Yami could reply, slamming the door shut. Yuki soon followed after.

Wide-eyed, she looked towards where Kaname was at, but when the scent of Kaname's blood reached her nose, something strange began to happen. It smelt familiar, though she could not fathom why.