Chapter 12: Ice Blue Sin VI

Well, I haven't edit this. But I'm gonna add on about Fuka's experience the night she bit Kanae soon.

Disclaimer: I do not own vampire knight, Ice Blue Sin, or any of the characters except for Yami.

Yami skipped lessons again as per usual and ate dinner with Chairman Cross, Zero, and Yuki.

"And the menu for today is... Cross-style vegetable pot-au-feu! Cross-style whitefish in potherb sauce! Cross-style garlic sauteed spinach - err, hey... Yuki, Kiriyu, Yami.... Are you guys listening to me?"

The private living quarters of Cross Academy's chairman was alive with his cheery voice as usual.

After finishing up the chairman's home-cooked dinner, Yuki stood staring in the direction of the academy campus from the window of the dining room. She is currently in her third year of junior high.

"I guess Kaname-sama must be having his lessons now, huh..."

It was somewhat strange for her to wonder what kind of things he studied about, considering he was already so clever and knew so many things.

The Night Class was established only several years ago, based on the chairman's vision of 'educating young vampires to become moderates, with the aim of building a world where vampires and humans can co-exist peacefully'.

Neither a high school nor a university, the Night Class had done away with the normal grade division in favour of a high-level education syllabus. As vampires live much longer than humans, it was simply impractical to tailor something for them based on a human framewok.

"I hear they're working hard to develop something called a 'blood tablet' , so that vampires don't have to suck blood anymore. All the students there are exceptionally bright, so I can't wait to see the results of their research!" the chairman enthused.

Yami stiffened.

Zero hissed and snapped, "Are you some kind of idiot?! How could you put so much faith in what those bloodthirsty monsters are doing?!"

"Zero! That's going too far!" Yuki berated.

"I agree with Zero... How are you sure that there is no casulties or sacrifices?" Yami said, as she looked at Chairman Cross and Yuki.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Yuki asked, confused.

Zero looked away abruptly, his face sullen. He nosily piled up the plates and utensils and disappeared into the kitchen.

"I'll do the dishes."

"Chairman... is Zero going to be okay? Do you think he will agree to go to highschool next year?" Yuki asked, looking up at the chairman worriedly.

One year older than Yuki, Zero should have been a freshman in the highschool division this year. However, he currently do not belong anywhere.

Both Yuki and the chairman were well aware of the reason for Zero's refusal to attend high school. It was because he didn't want to see the students of the Night Class.

Although the school was divided into Day and Night Classes, both cohorts still shared the same building. In fact, Zero hated vampires so much that the mere thought of sharing facilities with them triggered intense hostility in him.

And the reason for that was...

Zero's family was wiped out by an evil vampire...

Yuki understood how he felt. It was natural for someone to hate the person who killed his family or loved ones.

But...

He didn't have to go so far as to hate Kaname-sama too! Kaname-sama... is a good person!