Chapter 18: Avoidance

Well, let's set things straight. Though Yami seem older than Kaname, she's not. Kaname is 18 in VAMPIRE YEARS. And if you guys have actually noticed, be it in manga or anime, Kaname looked a lot older when he rescued Yuki. There's no way an 8 year old boy would be that tall, and he looked about 15, while Yuki is 5. Humans age faster, while Vampires age a lot slower, like 20 to 22 years[around there] human years maybe about 18 in vampire years. There wasn't much information about this, but it was kinda stated in both manga and anime when Ichijo answered Yuki's question bout his birthday whether she wanted him to answer in human or vampire years. And Yami's different. Since she kept flickering about being a human and vampire, she's actually about the same age as Ichijo or the other night class students now. It shall be further explained in further chapters.

Well, Yami's personality may or may not have changed, but hey, its been years, people change. From a naive kid, to a teen. While growing up, we just kind of notice and understand more things as we go about in life, and so, we gradually change to either fit in, or grow more into ourselves, sort of.

As for any of you wondering about why Yami calls everyone with practically no honorifics, its not that Yami is friendly. She knows some of them for quite sometime, thats why she calls them by their names with no honorifics, and because she just can't be bothered to call people with long names, and adding honorifics just makes the names longer. Just because she doesn't call thme with honorifics doesn't really mean that she's disrespecting them, plus, she can choose whether or not to add endearments such as 'kun' or 'chan' to their names, but not everyone does that. Only Aido and Ichijo does that to girls. The rest of the vampires add 'sama' to Kaname because he's a pureblood, they have to be respectful. It could be a vampire thing as well(maybe not), the vampires in the Night class, aren't seen adding honorifics to their own kind. They do apply the honorifics to humans of course, and most likely in banquets and balls to show manners,  but hey, they're in the Moon Dorm, they're surrounded by friends[sort of], except for Kaname, whom they can't really get close to(except the 'gang'). So, this is my logic behind all this.

WARNING: This chapter contains mature contents, again, like some of my other chapters. Well, read at your own risks.

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight or any of its characters, except for my oc. This belongs to Hino Matsuri-sensei.

After his shower, Kaname sat beside Yami on his bed, stroking her hair.

"I wonder... How long are you going to sleep? With you still being half awake, your body won't be able to take anymore pressure... Even with my blood and with me constantly changing you, when are you going to truly awaken? You have to hurry and take a side... To the bright daylight where the humans walk, or back to the darkness, where the denizens of the night, vampires lay..."

He then leaned down and pressed his lips softly on her forehead, before slowly lifting his head, and then finally noticing her disheveled appearance. He then proceeded to change her out of her blood stained clothes, noting that he will probably have to burn them, since the sleeve  of the uniform is torn. Furthermore, blood stains are difficult to get rid of, and the other students are probaby getting restless by smelling this much amount of blood tonight.

Line break ____________________________________

"I'll be suspended for ten days?" Aido stated, which sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Ah, but it's a small price to pay for the taste of Yuki-chan's blood..." Cupping his cheek and with a small flush developing on his cheeks, Aido began reminising about the taste of Yuki's blood.

"After all, I'm not sure how I like living off blood tablets. That might not suit me. Once I find myself irresistably lured to a young girl's blood, I will..."