Chapter 9:Ice Blue Sin Part III(Add on)

You can just skip this if you've read the novel before.

Disclaimer: I don't own Vampire Knight or this novel and their characters. They belong to Hino Matsuri-sensei and Fujisaki Ayuna-sensei.

 Fuka opened her eyes to an unfamiliar pattern on the ceiling which was not her own.

Huh...? Where... am I...?

"You're awake?"

Prompted by Aido's voice from somewhere nearby, Fuka finally remembered that she was in the Moon Dormitory.

Oh yeah... I had a sudden fainting spell from anaemia or something...?

Thanks to the short nap, however, she was feeling a lot better now.

"How are you doing?" Aido asked.

"I think the medicine you gave me did the trick!" answered Fuka.

As she was sitting up, the coat that was on her shoulders fell onto her lap.

"Ah... this..."

She picked it up and held it out to Aido.

"Thank you very much," she said.

"That was nothing worth thanking me for."

"Well, it's pretty late, and everyone seems to be busy elsewhere, so i guess I'll head back for today."

Aido waited with his hands in his pockets for Fuka to pack up and get herself ready to return.

After that, he saw her to the gates without saying much as usual, but it was a relatively painless journey for Fuka this time, because the atmosphere between them was no longer as awkward as before. Rather, she was somewhat flattered and embarrassed at the same time when she noticed Aido was adjusting his usual rapid pace so that she could keep up. It felt strange.

"We're here," he announced.

Stopping in front of the gates, Fuka bowed politely.

"Thank you for taking care of me today. I'll definitely return the favour next time," she said.

"Don't worry about it. Anyway, if you get anaemic again... i'll pass you some of my medicine."

"Okay, I'll let you know if anything happens again. Good night, then!"

The completely unexpected display of concern from Aido made Fuka honestly happy.

Though I didn't get to meet Kaname-sama today either, I managed to see a surprising side of Aido-senpai! And besides...

Recalling the warmth of Aido's chest, Fuka smacked both hands on her cheeks.

"Eep! What am I thinking about?!"

With those thoughts in her mind, Fuka hurried back to her dormitory in a fluster. Her sudden bout of dizziness was completely forgotten, as was the fact that her symptoms were far worse than those of a normal giddy spell.

                                                                 *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Fuka was with a dog in a huge garden. The dog is a mere puppy, and the two of them are playing with a red ball. When Fuka tossed the ball into a distance, it would give chase and roll around with the toy, yelping in delight.

"Oh, you're all covered in mud! I'll have to give you a bath when you get back!"

She lifted the tiny body, and the puppy stuck its tongue out happily to lick her cheeks.