Chapter 5: The opening of the Night Class

Disclaimer: Vampire Knight and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Hino Matsuri-sensei. If they did, Yuki wouldn't have been the main character.

Not long after that...

...the Chairman came up with an incredible idea.

"I'm sure the two of you know that I'm the Chairman of Cross Academy. I've decided to set up a 'night class' faculty... Starting next year!" Chairman Cross said, a slight tint of pink on his cheeks as he thought of how brilliant he is to set up a night class.

"You mean... A high school cohort that attends classes at night?" Yuki asked curiously, while holding a tray with a mug of hot cocoa.

"Nope! The night class is the Night Class!" Chairman Cross replied cheerily.

"?" Yuki continued looking at Chairman Cross, curious about what he is going to say.

Meanwhile, Yami was slowly making her way downstairs as she had just woken up from a nap, which is hardly a nap, since she had only woken up for meals and go back to sleep right after them(the meals). However, she has a sharp sense of hearing, so she was listening to Chairman Cross as she continued walking slowly towards the living room.

"The new students will be making use of the facilities at night. But they are neither high school students nor college students." Chairman Cross said, explaining to Yuki.

"Then what would they be using the facilities for?" Yuki asked, wanting to know more about the Night Class.

"To study throughout the night, of course! They'll be engaged in advanced studies and there'll be no age limit... After all... They're nocturnal... They live much longer than we do... and their perception of time is different from ours." Chairman Cross said, causing Zero to stand up and stare at Chairman Cross in disbelief, letting go of the book he had been reading in shock. Chairman Cross continued, "You see.... the Night Class students will all be vampires."

"You plan to bring those creatures into the school?! Just what are you up to?" Zero asked, his eyes wide with shock and disbelief.

"Chairman...?" Yuki asked, a bead of sweat rolling down her temple. By this time, Yami had already reached and was standing at the entrance of the living room.

"Our goal is to establish peace between humans and vampires... and our plan is to educate young vampires to be moderates instead of extremists. That's all." Kaname appeared at the entrance and said, with one hand on Yami's shoulder, causing her to jolt up in surprise.

"Ah! Kaname! You're here!" Chairman Cross said, with Yuki and Zero staring at Kaname.

"Kaname-sama?!" Yuki exclaimed, shocked to see Kaname.

Kaname gently pat Yami's head, and his hand slipped away from Yami, as if he knew how Yami is feeling. 

"I let myself in without permission though... Good evening, Yuki, Yami." Kaname said, his lips curling into a gentle smile.