Chapter 21: The Truth, Worries and Apologies

Disclaimer: Vampire Knight does not belong to me, it belongs to Hino Matsuri-sensei.

Long Author's note behind, read? And then there'll be a short preview of the next chapter after the looong Author's note, I think.

Here's a special chapter, featuring Kain, for those of you who haven't read the manga.

Special chapter: I think I was born under the Star of Impulse

One day, Kain Akatsuki started thinking back about the things that had happened recently.

3 months ago: the eve of Year One Orientation Day

"Welcome, Day Class students! Thank you for attending 'An Evening of Friendship'." Aido started, holding onto a mic while standing on a stage, behind him a banner, with the words 'An Evening of Friendship sponsored by Chairman Cross' inscribed on it. Sparkles seem to be surrounding Aido as he continued to speak, while Kain yawned beside him, looking as bored as ever.

"I'm Aido Hanabusa, here to greet you on behalf of the Night Class cohort. although frankly speaking, the Night Class students and the Day Class students only run into each other occasionally..."

The audience is split into two sections. One side is filled with girls, with hearts surrounding them and in their eyes. They are completely smitten by Aido and Kain's good looks. On the other hand, the other side consists of boys, who seem speechless and looked on with deadpaned expressions and a gloomy aura surrounded them.

"This year's batch of Year One students is full of cute girls... So I'm sure we'll have a fun and exciting semester ahead of us."

With that said, the girls started squealing. With the sparkles surrounding Aido and him in the middle of the spotlight, a certain Cross Yuki, with a deadpaned expression on her face, said, "Wow... Aido-senpai sure looks like an idol on stage..."

With Yori agreeing in a totally apathetic expression.

With that said, the ears of the girls sitting in front of them perked up, seeming to be caught in the same simultaneous chain of thoughts. The girls started repeating, "Aido... Idol... Aido... Idol... Aido... Idol...?! Idol!!"

Then, they squealed out in synchrony, "May we please call you Idol-senpai?!"

to which Aido answered cheerfully, "Sure!"

Kain stared at Aido, hoping he won't go overboard with anything.

"Hey, hey... Hanabusa..."

"Akatsuki, this is the first time someone has given me a nickname!" Aido pointed at himself while babbling happily to an apathetic Kain.

The girls' attention is then drawn towards one Kain Akatsuki, while Kain is caught in his own thoughts to pay attention.

'Idol...? To be saddled with such a dumb nickname... Geez...' he thought with a deadpan, before he mumbled, "Though as long as you're happy with it..." to himself with a sigh.

"How about the senior standing next to you?"

And then the young girls started thinking...

"He looks kinda wild compared to Idol-senpai..." A girl said.

"May we call you Wild-senpai please?!" The girls chorused together, causing Kain to put a hand to his face in exasperation, as the girls all squealed out, "Wild-senpai!"

And this is how Kain Akatsuki's nickname was born... on impulse.

Kain's POV[sort of, with Narrator POV at certain parts]: