Chapter 11: I Want It All

*next morning*

*Maura's POV*

I woke up realizing something was off. Then I saw a calendar on the wall. It's been a whole two years. I couldn't help but let the tears fall out of my eyes. I guess I was crying pretty loud because Amy came rushing in. I slid down the wall and put my head to my knees. She came over and held me. "Shhh baby, what's wrong? I'm right here. It's okay." She said. I went to open my mouth but no words came out. I just continued to cry while Amy put me on her lap and petted my hair. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.....

~Hours later~

I woke up, again still in Amy's arms. She said, "you're awake. What happened earlier, you are okay?" I responded with, "I'm really sorry about that. It's just that, it's been two years since my mom...you know." I couldn't even say the right words. Amy instantly knew what I was talking about and she came over and hugged me. After I calmed down, she smiled and said, "I have an idea. Why don't we go to your moms grave, get some white balloons, and let them go?" I really liked that idea. She told Nick and we headed on our way.

~At the Cemetery~

I knelt down and slowly and carefully touched my moms stone. I still came believe this happened, how could I let it? I began to speak. "Hi mom, it's me. I know you probably can't hear me right now, but I love you so so much and I'm sorry. I wish I was six feet under ground instead of you." I couldn't speak anymore. Amy came up behind me and wanted to say a few words. "Hi Maura's mom. I just wanted to say thank you for bringing up your amazing, beautiful daughter. I promise Nick and I will take care of her." With that, Amy, Nick and I stood up and let go of out balloons. I got down next to her grave one more time and said, "I wish I could have you back, your hugs, kisses, and even when you use to brag to everyone about how much you loved me. I want it all. I want it back." I started crying....again. Amy's aid, "hey, hey. We love you so much too and will be there for you all the time. It might not be the same as it use to be, but I've got you in my life now and it's complete. I love you." She kissed my forehead. "I love you too and now my life is complete."

___________________________________________________________________

Sorry this is really short, I just wanted to do something special. Today has been a whole year since my grandpa has passed away. He was my everything and I love him so much. I want to dedicate this to him. I love you gramps, I hope I made you proud <3