Chapter 13: Happy {not} so after (part 2)

*Maura's POV*

I was so confused at where we were going or what the surprise was. I walked down stairs and we got in the car; Nick and the drivers seat and Amy in the passengers seat. I, obviously in the back. I looked at the scenery outside and it looked too familiar. I know where we are going. The mall. What could we be doing here? 'Hello' came on the radio and Amy was jumping around with joy and Nick was trying to calm her down. When the rap parts came up, Amy would rap along with her recored voice and do cute and funny dance moves. I couldn't contain the laughter in anymore. Nick joined in on the chorus and bridge. Man, I can't believe I'm actually living my dream. After the song was finished, 'Neon Lights' came on and Amy started jamming out. She hit the high notes perfectly, it was un-believable. Nick took one hand of the steering wheel and reached out for Amy's hand. They were holding hand, aw my Karminite feelings!!

*Amy's POV*

Nick and I were having a blast singing along to the songs on the radio. Half way through 'The Way' Maura blurted out, "Welp, this is going on instagram!" And video tapped us. All Nick and I could do was laugh our heads off. We finally arrived to our destination. All three of us hopped out of the car. "Okay baby girl, ready for the surprise?" I said while Nick and I crouched down on our knees to get to eye level with Maura. She had the biggest smile on her face and said, "Yes, one hundred times yes!!" Nick stated, "Sorry kiddo, you got to wait another year for the surprise." Maura pouted and said it wasn't fair. Nick pulled her into a hug, "I'm just messing with you sunshine." He started laughing. I decided it was my turn to chirp in. "Okay guys, I'll just tell you. Nick and I bought a home! We wanted to take you shopping to buy all the things you need; like paint, furniture, bedding, just anything you want in there!" She pulled us both into a hug. "Thank you, thank you!! When do I get to see the house?" "Well about that, we are going to fly out there this week!!" She put her head down, sadly. "Where is the house?" Nick responded with, "it's in LA. The new home is closer to where our record company is labeled. It's a huge pain in the butt to go back and forth." She lifted her head up, "Will I still be able to see Alyssa?" I explained to her that Nick and I would fly her out and whatever friends she has to come visit her, or she could fly out there. Once our conversation need, we headed over to the mall, out of the parking lot.

*Maura's POV*

I needed to pick out paint for my walls. Hmm...what to choose, what to choose. There are literally shells and shelfs or paint ranging from white, all the way to black. This store has every color you can think of. Since there are four walls, I decided on getting two colors; mint green and lavander. Amy squealed of excitement because she loved the colors so much! We got black too, to outline the door frame. Amy and Nick ended up spending $50 just on paint. Next, we made our way to a furniture store. Some fans recognized my mom and dad and asked to take pictures with them. They both willingly accepted as I made my way to the bed part of the store. There were so many beds. As I was told, my room was huge. That meant I could get a queen size bed just incase any of my friends came to visit so they wouldn't have to sleep on the floor. As I finally picked out the bed and frame I wanted, Amy and Nick showed up. We all walked to the side table section of the store. I picked out these really cute black sparkly side tables, they were adorable on my god. Once we were done picking out everything, Amy and Nick had everything delivered to the new house where some of their friends would let the movers in to set up everything.

"Hey guys, do you mine if we get a printer, some wall stickers, and arts things? Also, what other rooms will be in the house?!" I was so excited. They were really happy I asked to buy those things so we went to another store to buy it. While we got picked out everything, we also got a computer, new phone, and an iPod. I was so happy.

*Amy's POV*

I finally told Maura that there were extra bedrooms for guests to stay in, a outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, a few empty spare rooms, and a music room. She got a huge smile on her face when I told her we were going to have a music room. Is she hiding something from us? I bet she can play an instrument. Anyways, we got all the wonderful things we bought today and put them in the trunk. I suggested Mc.Donalds for dinner and they agreed. When we went in, I held Maura's hand. I felt her tense up. "Everything okay sweety?" She hesitated for a moment, "um, yeah. I'll just go order our food while you go wait in the car." I opened my purse and grabbed a $20 bill from my bag, handing it to Maura. Nick and I went in the car and watched her to make sure she was okay. The guy behind the counter began to talk to her and I saw him slip something into her hands.

*Maura's POV*

I knew the cashier. He was my dads friend, John. Oh no. It was my turn in line, great.

J- "Well, long time no see. Eating food again fatty? Ha, you don't need it. I got something for you."

He handed me a letter folded up.

I grabbed our bags of food and turned for the door. The last thing he said was, "watch your back" just as I reached the door. I ran as fast as I could to the car trying to contain my tears. Well, so much for a good, happy day.

___________________________________________________________________

What does the letter say?!? Hmm...you gotta read on to find out!! Haha. Ill be updating really soon, maybe even sooner than you think 😏 love you :*