Chapter 15: Safe and sound

*Maura's POV*

I literally cannot believe this is their house. Our house. My new home. "Close you're mouth kiddo, you're gonna catch flies" said my mom as I stood in aw and shock with my mouth wide open. My face got red and I apologized. Nick and Amy both burst into laughter. I can to conclusion that it was pretty funny so I joined in with the laughing. After awhile, they lead me into the home. First, the living room. It was big. Wait no, it was h u g e. Brown couches, a flat screen TV, it was big enough for all of us. Possibly big enough to fit twenty more people. Next we headed to the kitchen. It was beautiful. A kitchen island with stools, a table, and all of the needed appliances. After seeing those two rooms, I highly doubt this house will get any better than it already has. I was so wrong.

We toured Amy and Nicks double master bedroom. I'm seriously not even kidding when I say double master room, it was completely huge. Next were the guest rooms, which I wasn't too interested in. Finally, it was time to see my room. When I walked in, it was what I imagined it to be; even better than I dreamed of. "Do you like it cutie?" Said Amy. "No mom, I don't like it." Her face dropped with my reply. "I LOVE it." With that, I jumped on her back. My room was on the second floor, which was a bonus. It had beautiful purple and blue walls with a whole bunch of posters, quotes and autographs from some of my favorite artists including Cher Lloyd, Katy Perry, Olly Murs, and Fifth Harmony, just to name a few. It also had a big bed, enough to fit a whole bunch of my friends for sleepovers! Im so excited omg. Anyways, the next room was the music room. I can't wait because music is my life. It will finally give me a chance to sing original music, as well as covers. When we walked in, I screaming in amazement. Total fangirl, I know. There was a huge black baby grand piano, guitars, the box thing Nick plays (A/N I forget what it's called lol), an many other instruments as well as a recording booth with all the supplies.

*Later on*

After we were done touring the rest of the house, I went to my room and turned on my phone. I instantly had a whole bunch of hate messages from social network sites and text messages. Tears were streaming down my face, me too upset to wipe them off. I didn't want to disappoint Amy and Nick and screw up again, so I ran to the music room. I quickly opened the door and ran in, slapping the door. I sprinted over to the piano and started singing an original song.

(A/n let's pretend "People Like Us" by Kelly Clarkson is Maura's song. Creds to Kelly though, it's a beautiful song)

We come into this world unknown

But know that we are not alone

They try and knock us down

But change is coming, it's our time now

Hey... everybody loses it,

Everybody wants to throw it all away sometimes

And hey... yeah I know what you're going through

Don't let it get the best of you, you'll make it out alive

Oh

People like us, we've gotta stick together

Keep your head up, nothing lasts forever

Here's to the damned, to the lost and forgotten

It's hard to get high when you're living on the bottom

Oh whoa oh oh whoa oh

We are all misfits living in a world on fire

Oh whoa oh oh whoa oh

Sing it for the people like us, the people like us

Hey, this is not a funeral

It's a revolution, after all your tears have turned to rage