Chapter 3

Did I leave you guys with a cliffhanger back then? XD

-/-/-

"Erza still alive. Resort to Jellal. Again."

What did it mean? Erza? Jellal? Again?

For a moment, I thought that whoever wrote the note should have been writing about someone else. However, reality decided to slap me right hard in the face. Were there any other Erza and Jellal? And even if there were a million Jellals and Erzas, most probably only the two of us would be connected with each other.

Jellal. Jellal Fernandes.

It was when I first met him in the Tower of Heaven that I found out, what exactly was a 'crush'. What exactly was it like to love someone. He was just the perfect match for me, red and blue. He could be my soulmate already.

Once again, I got reminded of the fact that I was madly in love with both Gray and Jellal at the same time. Each had their own past and own connections with me. They both occupied a space in my heart I would never want to destroy. Sighing, I shook my head in  an attempt to get the thoughts about them out of my mind.

This note must be shown to Natsu and the rest. Jellal's safety. And whatever it was that had him be 'used' for me.

Running back to the guild in the late morning, I "Natsu! Lucy! Wendy! Gray! We need to set off, NOW!"

At first, they all looked at me, cowering in fear, almost rushing off to get their stuff. "Wait hold on, Erza-san, are... are you okay?" As expected from her, Wendy saw my panicked expression and even a tinge of fear from my voice.

"It's... It's just that I found this note while looking up more about the Demons." I showed them the note and Gray reached out for the note and I felt his smooth long fingers gently brush against my hand. Oh gosh, I swear I could just cook an egg from the amount of heat radiating from my flushed face.

All of them crowded around Gray, trying to get a glimpse of the note. The rest of the guild members present looked at the five of us in curiosity and concern. From the corner of my eye, I saw Gray's eyes widen and even clenching his fist.

"Erza-chan, where did you find this?" After awkward seconds of silence, Lucy asked me. "In the library... It was in a book about Demons... I wanted to find out more about them and it just... dropped out." It came out just like a whisper, but it was audible enough to let the four of them hear it.

"If the note was in a book about Demons, my guess is it should be something related to them!" Wendy managed to say something after being silent since we read the note.

"Then that's it! Let's go kick some Demons and we'll probably know more along the way!" Natsu, as usual, started shouting enthusiastically.

As everyone started going back to their usual activities, Gray walked towards me and sat down next to me, brushing off Juvia's mating calls for love.

Gray just sat down there and just looked around and there was awkward silence between the two of us. It happens every time we were together, when it was just the both of us. Every single time. I could hear him take a deep breath and he finally said something.

"Hey Erza, you doing fine?" There was slight trembling in his voice and I could just tell he was trying not to screw up.

"Yeah... I guess." I tried my best not to sound as reluctant as possible. I didn't want him to go. I wanted this moment to last forever. But I must have failed. There was some sort of disappointment in his eyes.

"Oh, it's because... I mean, the way the note is written... It seems like you and Jellal are connected in an eerie way and... It's Jellal." Gray seeemed to emphasise the last part about Jellal in a frustrated tone.

I didn't know how to reply him. Of course, if it was about Jellal, I would be worried sick. What more if he was possibly in danger.

As I let my thoughts drift, I realised Gray left unknowingly. Dammit. If only he knew...

"Erza, Gray, Natsu, Lucy, Wendy! You guys should see this!" Levy gestured towards me and the others, beckoning us to look at the book she was holding. Looking down at the book she was holding, what I saw was the missing piece of the page from the book I found at the library. How did Levy get it? "It was stuck in between some brief descriptions of Demons in this book. Erza-san, I was wondering if you saw the remaining part in the library?" Of course, I couldn't lie. "Yeah, one of the pages in a book was torn and it matches with this fragment you found. The complete message would be:

"IF YOU ARE A MAGE READING THIS BOOK, YOU ARE PROBABLY GOING OFF TO A MISSION TO RID THE DEMONS. ONCE YOU ENTER WHERE THEY ARE MOST COMMONLY FOUND, YOU ARE EITHER ONE STEP CLOSER TO DEATH, ONE STEP CLOSER TO VICTORY, OR ONE STEP CLOSER TO NOTHING. MAGES OF HIGH RANK ARE HIGHLY RECCOMENDED FOR THIS MISSION AS WHEN DEFEATED, ITS LAST RESORT WILL BE TO-- --CHANGE YOUR FATE. THE DEMONS CAN SEE YOUR FUTURE AND CHANGE IT, EITHER FOR THE BETTER OR FOR THE WORSE."

-/-/-

Helloooooooo I included more Grayza moments in this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it:) Remember to vote, thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (( im being a snake dont mind me HAHA ))