Chapter 12

this shd be the second/third last chapter if im not wrong BLEH happy reading :)

-/-/-

Jellal smiled weakly at me. He was getting paler and paler as time passed by, soon enough he would be as white as a sheet of paper. Although Jellal had mistreated me, did he really deserve to just go like this?

He continued speaking, though it was more like a whisper now. "I'm truly sorrry for doing all this... I hadno idea what I was doing... Putting you in pain wouldn't exactly make me happy..." Jellal only had a few minutes left from the looks of it. I felt my whole face drenched in blood, sweat and of course, tears. He did not deserve to die.

"I thought saving you... could show I still loved you... still cared for you... still the one I would put above myself..." Then came his last words.

"I love you, Erza."

A tear fell from Jellal's eye before he smiled and breathed for the last time. As I ran my hand across his body, it was just cold. However, deep down, I knew warmth was still radiating from his body though it wasn't physical. A few seconds later when reality started setting in, I didn't know how to react. Even crying wasn't enough to express my feelings. It was just... emptiness. I couldn't take it any more.

"Jellal!" I yelled as loud as I could. I was running out of tears so I just sobbed hysterically. At that moment, Natsu and the others came in. "Erz--" Natsu shouted. I didn't even bother looking up to see why he had stopped. All I could think of right now was Jellal. Why? WHY?

Suddenly, I felt a familiar hand across my shoulder. Before I knew it, I was in Gray's embrace.

"Erza, remember what I said that day?" He asked me. The first thing that came to mind was of course, when he found me crying all alone by the river. He was the only Fairy Tail member to have seen that side of me. The words that he had said to me, I needed months for reality to sink in, that he had really said that to me.

"You have me, right? So, be strong!" I looked up and saw him smiling at me, care and concern in his eyes. I felt tears welling up in my eyes once again. Gray pulled me closer before whispering in my ear, "I have and always been loving you, Erza."

Finally, I couldn't control it any more. Emotions ran wild inside of me anI just pulled Gray in a kiss. I was crying because Jellal was gone. Now, I was crying because when I thought I no longer had anyone, Gray was still there. Have and always been. How many times had I neglected him? How many times did I break his heart?

After some passionate kissing, I pulled away and finally smiled for the first time in forever. I looked at Natsu, Lucy and Wendy who were smiling at me. Then we all came together for a group hug. "Let's go home, Erza!" After that, we mourned for Jellal and brought his body back to Fairy Tail.

Along the way, Lucy explained that the Demons had suddenly vanished into thin air. While they were combing the area, they heard my voice and immediately went inside the cottage. That's when everything clicked.

Jellal had been the one controlling the Demons, so when he died they vanished along. The request was just a trap set up by him. One thing still remained unclear. His motive. Why did Jellal do this?

After what seemed like forever, we arrived at the gates of Fairy Tail. "Looks like we will need a long time explaining everything." Natsu said.

With that, we entered Fairy Tail. Back to our home. Our safe haven.

-/-/-

HAII I'll update asap and honestly I myself had to control my tears while writing Jellal's death ;-; rmb to vote thankiew!!!! :)