Chapter 11

Legend:
italics: flashback unless otherwise stated

its ending soon HOHOHO happy reading :)

-/-/-

As I prepared myself for my death, I heard Gray's shouting. In the distance, Wendy and Natsu were relentlessly attacking the Demons with their Dragon Slayer magic, while Lucy summoned her celestial spirits to help in the battle.

Then I heard a loud 'thud'.

Opening my eyes, I managed to see the Demon that was about to attack me fall flat. Jellal stood in between the Demon and me. All of a sudden, he collapsed and lay beside me, breathing heavily.

"J-Jellal!" I brushed away his hair only to see his face slowly losing colour, though his eyes still shined as brightly as usual. I felt Gray sitting beside me and I just helplessly looked at him, hoping he knew what was happening to Jellal.

I felt his hand touch my skin and I turned my attention back to Jellal. At this rate, he would lose consciousness and even die! Even though Wendy was probably just a few steps away, she was still busy fighting the Demons to heal Jellal. Just then it started heavily raining.

It was raining cats and dogs the day I saw him.

It was just a normal Tuesday. Nothing much was happening at the guild. Despite the rain, I decided to go out and enjoy myself for a few hours in Magnolia. Hopefully... Natsu and Gray were able to control themselves... Or else they would face my wrath when I returned.

Just as I left the famous Magnolia bakery after eating my delicious, beloved strawberry cheesecake, there he was.

Walking through the rain, hands in his pockets, looking down at the ground. If you didn't know him, you would have thought he was a homeless poor man.

I stopped in my tracks and asked myself, "Is this really him?"

He was aware someone had stopped and looked up. How could I ever forget that beautiful face of his?

We stared at each other, not knowing what to do. Neither of us had the guts to break the eye contact. It had been so long.

Finally, he looked away to the passing boats on the river. Was that sadness in his eyes?

I don't think Jellal & I ever met again. Every time it rained, I would think of that day.

"Erza..." Jellal spoke in between ragged breaths. "I... don't think... I have much time..." His lips trembled with every word he spoke and I couldn't bear to see him in pain. A tear rolled down my cheek. Gray silently watched us, knowing he could not disrupt Jellal's last moments.

"Hey... It was a blessing... to have met an angel... like you, Erza..." Somehow, Jellal managed to smile even with his major injuries.

"Gray.." Upon hearing his name being called, Gray looked at Jellal. "Come here..." As Gray moved closer to him, Jellal started speaking. "Do me a favour... Replace me... for Erza." There was a slight hint of commanding in his tone. To my horror, Jellal started coughing blood out. "Shh... Don't say any more." I couldn't keep it in any more and I let my tears freely flow.

"Maybe this... was my fate... After defeating the Demon... that was about to attack you... it changed my fate and look... Here I am, dying... From now on, you can chase Gray... Don't worry about me..."

I wiped away my tears and hugged Jellal. "You fool, I love you both with all of my heart."

-/-/-

Ending here FOR NOW, I know it's very cliffhanger-ish HAHA sorey !!! Will update asap and pls rmb to VOTE!!! thanks peeps :-)