Trick Graell, Continued

Get out, the girl (? There be no cleavage there) said in a fury. This is Hell. You don't belong here.

No WAY. My brain was short-circuiting. Here she was. Everything I could ever ask for. I could apologize, I could, I could fix everything.

But was that really her?

Sure, it was the same face, hair and glasses. However, she was also a demon now. From her head a pair of golden ram horns glistened, the ends sharpened down to a point. Her eyes had changed drastically. They seemed to be more alive now than when Lin- Trick was still alive. The white part of her eyes had turned black, leaving red irises and regular pupils to flit around her eye sockets. The movement of her eyes seemed to be faster and smoother now. Her body type was different. I noticed less hip and a flat chest immediately, then something that I didn't notice when she was alive- abs. She had abs. Finally, her arms were covered in fine grey fur. Her hands had changed, having three digits (one was an opposable thumb) made of a black hoof-like material.

"Lindsey, is that you? Are you in there somewhere?" I called desperately.

Trick lifted her head higher, giving her the look of a proud ruler ready to give someone hell. I flinched.

"Hey," I stuttered, "You're in there somewhere.

"I-... I'm glad to see you again. Maybe not the reunion I planned, but... Good enough for me. I'm glad I have this chance to apologize one last time."

What kind of demon are you? Trick Graell asked curiously. There was still anger in her voice, but she was also confused.

"Sorry?" I was just as confused. Are there demons that look like humans?

Someone cleared their throat. I looked around.

Lucifer to the rescue! "Sir," he said politely, "XXXXX is still alive."

You.... You're still alive?" Trick Graell asked, shocked. Her tone of voice and gaze instantly softened. As I watched, her eyes turned back into their regular gray with white scleras.

"Heh."

"That's the Lindsey I know," I said quietly.

"Oh God, oh God, I've captured a mortal," she whispered. "You're still alive, you're still alive. Oh sweet and sour Jesus. Fuck. No way. Holy macaroni."

Trick stroked my cheek lightly, evidently unable to process what she just heard. She wouldn't look away from me, muttering expressions that she obviously came up with herself as I had never heard anyone use them unironically.

I looked at her tenderly, wondering whether a hug was appropriate right now.

"Oh jeez, your parents must think you're dead," she whispered with horror.

Suddenly, she pulled me into a warm hug and didn't let go for a minute. Once she got her bearings, she pulled away, apologizing profusely.

"I'm so, so sorry," she whispered.

_______________________________________________

________________________________________________

For those of you who don't know this, Trick Graell uses they/them pronouns. However, our main character never got their pronouns before they died. Therefore, he will address them using female pronouns until Trick tries to bite his head off for it.

The name of our main character is up in the water but if you have any suggestions tell me! I'm hoping for a one or two syllable name with 5 letters or about that many, like Lucas.  

Update: I have a name.