Birthday Wishes

"Rico fucking won again."

-------------------------------------------------------

56 MILES FROM THE NORTH POLE.

INSIDE A HOLLOWED-OUT CLIFF, A CASINO LIES.

WITHIN RESIDE THE GREAT FORCES OF EVIL, LEAD BY THE NEW DEMON LORD, TRICK GRAELL.

ONE UNFORTUNATE BOY DISCOVERED THE CASINO BY ACCIDENT, AND NOW LIVES THERE.

THIS IS HIS STORY.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeezus, it's your biiiiirthdaaay," Trick singsonged.

"Hmm..?" I murmured, and blinked tiredly. "Did you say..."

It hit me then. I sat up in excitement. "I'm 14, I'M 14!!!" I repeated, savoring the sound of it on my tounge. 14.

Most 14-year-olds got excited for highschool, but here I was, living in Antarctica with a bunch of demons, dating Lucifer (who wasn't even Satan, no matter what his name implied) and waking up to news about how one of my friends won a competition over how many times you had sex or how another friend served on the jury that comdemns people to Hell.

Speaking of which, Rico won. Again. By 150 people.
Jesus fuck, that man has issues.
"GET UP, YOU EGGS! I HAVE A PARTY PLANNED, SCREW RICO AND HIS LUSTFEST AFTER-PARTY! By the way, where is Lucifer?"
Lucifer yawned, and sat up next to me. "S'matter?" he asked lazily. "'Nother attack?"
Trick went red. I looked to the side and noticed that Lucifer was totally shirtless, and it clicked. A blush spread across my face.

"OMG IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!" I shrieked as Ardru started cackling from his bed. "We were cuddling and we just fell asleep here! Oh, honestly!"
The whole gang was laughing at this point. I sighed, furiously trying to hide my red face. I heard a yell of, "THAT'S P GAY, MAN!"

"...party in ten minutes," Trick said sheepishly. They dabbed and promptly left the room.
As soon as they left, I heard Trinity whisper, "I ship it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After that disaster I made sure that if we were going to have a cuddle session, it wouldn't be in the back bedroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rico decided to stop in like the asshole he is and grab a drink.
"Hey, sexy," he cat-called over the laughing, singing and swearing demons. "Heard you're 14 now."

"Yes, that is TRUE," I growled through clenched teeth. I hated that bastard even though I was supposed to be friends with him. Rico was always the exception.

"Did you know that in Japan, 14 is the legal age of consent?" Rico asked suddenly. I coughed and spit out my soda in shock.

"Dude," I howled. "What the fuck, that's messed up."

Lucifer decided just then that he was sick of Rico's bullshit. In a split second, he moved towards Rico and was just about to punch him when someone in a white sweatshirt stopped his hand.

I couldn't see their face, but their hands were made of amber, and pieces of red bandana stuck out from behind their hood. They lowered Lucifer's hand back to his size, waved, pecked Rico on the forehead, and left the building. I swear I could hear a "happy birthday," as they walked away.

Both boys went silent.

Lucifer seemed, at once, at a loss for words. He squeezed my hand, then collapsed into the nearest chair.

Rico started to cry.

It was horrible. He let out a strangled wail and sank to his knees, rocking back and forth. I had never seen anything like it before. Like everything he did, Rico's tears were filled with intent and emotion. It was so, so raw, fat drops of the clear liquid pouring down his cheeks, his violet eyes clear and bright, fixed on the door that the young adult had left through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucifer had found a neat spot up on the edge of our cliff. We had left the inside of the cliff and there we sat, 50 ft above sea level, staring at the aurora lights.

"Well, in all of my years, I've never met someone born on the day of the Summer Solstice," Lucifer observed.

"I am?" I did a couple of mental calculations in my head, and then realized that Lucifer was right again. "That's... pretty cool."

He sighed, and smiled warmly at me. "You're so incredibly special. Never change that."
"Look at the lights."

The lights were like ribbons. Purples and blues and greens and whites trailed across the sky like the strokes of a bored painter's brush, adding the perfect touch to the barren Antarctic sky.

"There's no other place in the world where you can see them like this," Lucifer breathed, eyes full of stars. "Isn't it magical?"

I grinned, feeling warm and loved. "There's no other place in the world where I can see you like this."

I leaned in closer, my lips fitting in between his, savoring his warmth. We sat there like that for a minute, then pulled away.

"Isn't this magical?"