Rico Gets His Job Back

"God damn it. Just put your stuff up in the bunk, Gabe," Luce sighed. "We gotta move, Rico's getting into another fight about his activities and I want to get you acquainted."

"Alright, alright," said a lazy voice from the bunk. "Just a few."

I smacked the side of the bunk and Gabe flew off like a disturbed pigeon. "The hell, man?!?" he shrieked.

I grinned at Lucifer and he shot me the thumbs-up. "It's been a few."

----------------------------------------------------------

56 MILES FROM THE NORTH POLE.

INSIDE A HOLLOWED-OUT CLIFF, A CASINO LIES.

WITHIN RESIDE THE GREAT FORCES OF EVIL, LEAD BY THE NEW DEMON LORD, TRICK GRAELL.

ONE UNFORTUNATE BOY DISCOVERED THE CASINO BY ACCIDENT, AND NOW LIVES THERE.

THIS IS HIS STORY.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"ALRIGHT, TRICK GRAELL!" Rico yelled, striding into the kitchen, his chest puffed up with self-confidence. "I want my job back."

"Hey, look, it's the man-whore," Trick said nonchalantly.

Rico made a "pfft!" and grinned cockily. "Not a man-whore, just the REIGNING CHAMPION OF THE LUSTFEST!"

"You only won because you will fuck anything that moves," Trick uttered lazily. "Alright. Why should I hire you?"

"Because I'm the best chef on this side of the planet," Rico retorted arrogantly. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Don't worry, I got a strike. It was a good roll.
"Alrighty then," Trick offered, a gleam in their eyes. "Cook me some shit. I'll even invite Heaven for a dinner. If Grace doesn't spit your food onto the floor, you're hired."

Rico started sweating nervously. "Can... you invite..?" He whispered the name into Trick's ear. They nodded.

"Fucking sweet."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed, looking out into the starry night, my feet dangling from the edge of the cliff. Lucifer sat there with me, pressing kisses into my hair.

It was a usual thing for us now. We tried not to bother his brother, as he didn't really know anything about Lucifer's sexuality, and according to Lucifer, Gabriel was a huge wild-card.

"I don't know..." I murmured, "Trick's gonna let him have his job back. Why set this all up?"

"They like playing games."

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was helping the Imps and Rico wash up knives, and for once, Gabriel looked like he was interested in something.

The boy was eagerly grabbing knives out of Rico's hands, and he was looking awfully reluctant to put the knives back where they belonged. That kid...

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Why?" I asked them. "Why work Rico to the bone, even though you're still gonna hire him?"