Chapter 7

Sonic and The Chaos Kingdom

Ch. 7

(Okay, so I told myself I wouldn't start any new stories until I completed my promise I made before I went off on my mission, which was to finish this story. I REALLY want to write other things... but I think I'll finish this chapter and go from there :) )

The whole army and gang were able to successfully sneak into the castle... The place was cold, dark, and extremely dreary... even the colors of the flags hanging from the dungeon like stone walls were a faded bright red, gold as the symbol, which was torn or some had too much dust to really see the full image of it anymore. Others had ash stains and marks that showed years of battles or rebellions down to the very scrapes and holes in the walls of fallen souls.

"This place is a dump!" Sonic whispered to Knuckles, who shushed him as they continued to sneak around to where Jet knew the Master Emerald lay...

"So tell me," Sonic blatantly ignored Knuckles's shush and continued, giving him a glare from the red echidna. "How do you know about the Master Emerald? I would think Shadow would disregard his subjects to the degree of neglect, leaving you guys clueless as to everything that's going on.."

Jet looked back up at Sonic, having abandoned their horses now, he had kept his head low in fear of his own life. But leering up at him, he responded, "We keep taps on things for ourselves. It's not our fault our king is locked in his grief..." He looked forward again, his head still angrily down, pushing onward with clenched fist at helping, what he deemed 'the enemy'.

"His grief?" Sonic was taken by that for a moment, before Wave raised her fist to show a signal for the party to halt.

"It's this way. But this is where we say goodbye." She turned and folded her arms, "We've already risked our necks long enough for you, Kingy. It's time we call it quits here and meet you when we meet you." She leaped past Jet's curious look towards her, as she moved on. "Come on, I'm not going another step further..."

"Dah... We don't want to be robotized, boss..." Storm put a hand on Jet's shoulder, leaning down and looking sad. He knew it wasn't Jet's style to just back down or leave a good fight. But at the same time, they didn't want to take anymore unnecessary risks...

"Grr... fine then." Jet was upset, closing his eyes and biting down hard in his fury, but turned quickly around to Sonic. "YOU BETTER WIN! And if not, I'll take your place, and unite the land myself!" he half-threatened, but it seemed in his own way, was saying 'Good luck'.

Him and his team walked briskly out from the mist of the Chaos army.

"....Looks like we're on our own now..." Knuckles stated, as him and Sonic were both turned to look behind them, before Sonic motioned his head back toward him first, and lowered it down slightly.

"...Come on, Knuckles. For their sakes... let's end this." He looked seriously to Knuckles.

Knuckles looked back to him, for a moment, he registered the sincere seriousness Sonic was finally taking to helping the kingdom, and was proud of him for it. But at the same time, he had to chastise him again. "Woah-ho, now, Sonic. I know your anxious to win this thing, but let's not be too hasty. We're not on home-turf. We just lost our guides. The next best thing is to be precautious and look around every turn.I said so once, and I won't say it again-!" he had, at first, put his arm out to try and calm a pumped-up Sonic from making another rash decision, and then walked forward, as if holding more authority than Sonic in this moment. "You are to NOT, EVER, jeopardize the mission to fight Shadow. Got it?" Knuckles stuck a finger toward him, and a very stern look.