Chapter 18

Sonic and The Chaos Kingdom

Ch. 18

By: Cutegirlmayra (Here we are, ladies and gentlemen. I've enjoyed writing this and having the pleasure of entertaining you with my Medieval Sonic interpretation. I hope you stay for the Bonus Stories about the Parents and Skid afterword. It's gonna be fun : ) Love you all! Stay tuned! And prepare for one more chapter!)

4 1/2 years later

"Yaay!" A little baby boy ran down the halls of the palace, as Vanilla and three maids scurried to catch him, seeing him flailing his arms around and not wearing any shoes or socks.

"Young prince! Please!" A younger maid cried out, full out sprinting, as Vanilla wearily stayed behind.

"I'm getting too old for this..." she lifted up her dress and leaned her head back, growing exhausted.

"Leave this to us, ma'am!" The younger maid, having trailed by her side, suddenly bolted forward, her eyes firing up as she even passed the maid in front, who blinked her eyes in confused awe as she scarily made her way up to the little prince.

"H-huh?" He looked up the maid. "Ahh!" he smiled widely. "You're fast, miss!"

She looked over at him with fire still in her eyes, "You have to take a bath!" she leaped to reach out to him.

"Blah!" leaping back, the young prince dodged the advance and jumped with a little cute bounce over the girl, spinning and landing with his hands up. "Ta-dah!"

"Skid? Is that you?"

"Ah?" Skid turned around, before he saw Cream with flowers in a basket, who moved her dress to kneel down to look towards him, and smiled.

"You've been leaving skid marks all over the palace lately. You know your mommy and daddy are very busy. They've asked us to get you to the bath so they can spend some time with you. Don't you miss them, Skid?" Cream's voice was angelic and full of love, making the young boy stare at her, and then look at the flowers.

"Ah! Pretty! They smell nice." He put his nose in them, before pulling out and having some petals in his hair. "Ah! It's stuck." He frowned, as Cream laughed.

The others finally caught up, huffing and puffing.

"Thank you, baby." Vanilla stated, catching her breath. "Phoo... He reacts so much better with kindness and a pretty face than he does being commanded to do anything." She sighed.

"Ah-ha! Girls are always pretty, Miss Vanilla. I want to marry them all!" Skid spread his arms out wide, and then turned back to Cream. "Will you marry me?"

The young maids behind him all gave him a funny look, as Cream giggled.

"I'm too old to marry you, silly." She politely declined, putting a hand up to her mouth to giggle some more.

His smile faded to disappointment. "Huh? Ohh.." he bent his head down along with his ears.

He then pouted and folded his arms, tapping a foot to the ground, "Hmph! I want a wife!"

"You're only 4, young prince." A maid leaned her head back, looking exhausted at his antics.

The other, younger maid sighed, bending down and sprawling her arms out like a cat's. "Ahh... At least he likes girls. At this rate, we may not have to wait for the deadline like his father for a new queen." She joked, as Vanilla thought about it a moment; a little more seriously.

"Hmm... he is much like his mother." She looked down, seeing him organize the flower petals in his hair, as the maids all giggled and put a flower crown on him, placing each stem into his quills to hold it's place.