Chapter 10

Sonic and The Chaos Kingdom

Ch. 10

(I was totally re-reading and editing ch.9 when, towards the beginning of my 'look over' of the chapter, I got this amazing idea to start off the next chapter. I was like- WRITE THAT DOWN BEFORE YOU LOOSE IT, CHICKADEE! So I did x) )

A year had gone by, and the people were becoming endlessly restless for the trial of Shadow to happen already, but with Sonic's strict demand to uncover all faults, the efforts were taking longer than what the people had originally thought, and their impatience for justice and fear of the unknown happening started to enter into the ears of the Council...

Still upset with Sonic's bold move, they were a little skeptical of his leadership skills, resulting in Sonic feeling like he failed to 'impress' them, as they held onto the power given to them, till they deemed Sonic a mature and worthy king.

"Your Excellency, we understand your motives in allowing all and every act of war and murder the immortal prince Shadow has committed to be revealed at his sentencing, but we're afraid the people have spoken, and they want him dead.. now."

The Council had spent endless days discussing this, but this was the first time Sonic was invited to hear. As King, he could come in at anytime, but knowing Sonic, he probably had no idea this was going on.

Though Tails warned him about it a time or two...

Tails sat in his position, and looked to Sonic, worried on how he would be taking this.

Sonic stood in the center of the room, his head down with calm closed eyes...

His arms folded over as his royal robe hung on them slightly...

"....With all due respects," Sonic began, and then glared up a serious determined look towards the main Chieftain of the Council. "My order still stands." He threw his robe back behind him, and walked out.

The council was in an outrage, they demanded him to stay, standing up and pounding on their wooden ringed podiums in front of them, which circled the whole room.

They couldn't overrule his standing, cause they had still given him power over judgment, and he was the final say in the things of it.

Tails, in the frenzied anger, quickly escaped and went out another door.

Sonic walked down the courtyard, trying to think a way to calm the people down about their growing fear that something may happen to where Shadow is set free, before Tails flew up to him.

"What are you thinking..?" It wasn't in anger at all, in fact, it was the question of a friend, worried for how his best friend was feeling.

Sonic turned to look at him, then let out a breath of air and seemed very sad. "I'm thinking that people are more impatient than me as a collective body."

Tails laughed lightheartedly, "I think that's impossible." He joked.

"..." Sonic held his blank and sorrowful expression, as Tails looked worried about him..

"You know what?" Tails happily got an idea. "It's been a while since you 'escaped' right?"

Sonic's ears suddenly perked up, as his immediate attention turned to Tails.

"Haha, don't get too excited, there's a catch!" Tails moved his hands out in front of him, making sure Sonic's expectation of what that meant didn't get to his head. He raised a pointer finger with a wink, "You'll be under supervision, of course!"