Gotham Patrol

2 Days Later

'Full reports of the incident two days ago at the town hall are just coming in now. Thanks to the GCPD and some... other sources, Mayor James remained alive. Currently, however the death toll-' I mute the television as Winn comes tottering into the sitting room, and sits down next to me and my Mum.

I tell Mum to leave briefly, and then clasp Winslow into a tight hug, kiss his forehead, and then sit down again - cradling my jaundiced, bandaged hands. I gesture with my eyes for my brother to sit next to me, and I place my hand on his lap.
'Well done. You saved those people, Toyman!' I smile.
'T-toyman?' He stares straight back at me, slightly confused.
'If I'm Mother Panic; then I need to give you a name.' I grin mischievously.
'Toyman. I like it!' He says, large melon-slice smile spreading from ear to ear.

A knock at the door ricochets through the wooden corridors of the house, and my Mother dashes to the door and thrusts it open excitedly. She stops cold in her tracks when two detectives stand behind the door; one of them holding a croissant and the other holding a box of chocolates.
'We're here to speak to Violet.' Growls Harvey Bullock, and Primrose (my Mother)'s eyes widen like a deer staring at a shotgun.
'What has she done? Has my baby done something wrong?' Frantically spills Primrose.
'No. That couldn't be less true, in fact.' Smiles Jim Gordon, inviting himself into our humble abode promptly.

The two men ask me to come upstairs to somewhere private, and I follow them with a kind of semi-knowing curiosity.
I sit down on my bed, and then Gordon kicks open a drawer. My white suit falls out of the cupboard.
'I'm sorry!' I stutter, suddenly panicked.

'Don't be.' Grins Harvey boyishly.