Chapter 20

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock Was all I’d been listening to for the past five minutes. Rhia had told me to let what just happened go and I intended to do so but it’s a bit hard when everyone’s just sat there staring in to space.

I was pretty sure when I was drawing from the magic of the water I was doing everything she had taught me.

Was I doing it wrong? Was I going to hurt someone? Is that why Leo called for everyone? So they could be there just in case I screw up?

So many questions with hardly any answers.

Ha, story of my life that is.

“So” I began hoping to ease the tension but stopped as I didn’t really know what to say. Everyone looked towards me. Emerald, Dane who had come back without Jaydon and Leo all looked at me with an emotion I couldn’t quite figure out. It looked like they were upset but I wasn’t too sure. I looked at Dane and mind link him. Making sure I blocked Emerald out.

Come on Dane. I’m sorry for whatever I did. I promise I won’t do it again?

You haven’t done anything wrong sis. It’s just...well I can’t tell you but however you’re learning to manipulate water, keep doing it. You’re doing well.  He said looking at Emerald and then back to me smiling.

Then why does it feel like I’ve done something I shouldn’t have? Oh whatever. I’m so over this.

“So...Leo. How was it?” Em said all of a sudden.

I’m guessing she was feeling the need to ease the tension too.

“Well, they asked me a load of personal questions that irritated me to no end then I had to go to the chamber thing that blocks your connection to your magic and the creepy chamber people came out of nowhere and started attacking me. And it’s probably obvious what happens next but I’ll explain it for little Miss Princess over there. Basically I’d had enough of being the creepy guy’s punching bag and it felt like my instincts had just taken over my movement because one minute I was on the floor taking hits then I was dodging every hit, every power surge they sent my way-”

“So how did you pass? Don’t you have to use your powers and tame it or something?” I said really confused.

“I was just getting on to that speedy pants. As I was saying, I was defending myself but I couldn’t defend myself from one of the guys. He too controlled fire and as soon as his hit made contact with my skin something within me just ignited and all of a sudden I literally felt like I was spontaneously combusting. I obviously didn’t really know what I was doing since I was fighting off of instinct and took down each guy one by one until there was one left when I realised that I’d seriously hurt the others so I tried with all my might to control myself from fighting back until something just clicked and I was all of a sudden back to myself and for good measure I punched the remaining guy and broke his nose.” He said taking quick breath and smirking.

“Oh my god you totally became the magic didn’t you!” Em said looking a bit excited. “I have to tell mum. She’d be so intrigued considering she’s done it thousands of times! No-one else has been able to do it and come back from it! That is so cool Leo I-”

“Alright Em, we get it, I’m totally king of coolness. I’ll go see Rhiannon sometime this week. Deal?”

“Rhiannon? Her name’s Rhiannon?” I said out loud more to myself. I’ve always tried to steer clear from any relations to my birth parents. Now not only do I have some out of control powers from them my witch shares the same name! Brilliant.

I tried to calm my breathing in hopes of flushing away the brewing thoughts about them and felt tears slowly trickling down my cheek. Something’s not right.