Chapter 7

Sorry if it's a bit short! I'll make up for it in the next chapter..Let me know whatcha think :)

===========

Alexander and Sandra had excused themselves, said they had to go and sort a few things out.

That was three hours ago.

I was just about to go get something to eat when I heard shuffling outside the house.

"Mum, Dad! Char and I are back!" I heard Jessica scream from downstairs.

Charley and Jessica had just come back from their run, so I'm guessing all we had to do was wait for them to shower and change so we could go.

I was so excited to be going to Spain!

I must have been day dreaming about the boys and beaches because next thing I know I'm being deafened by the twins...

"Ready!" I heard Jessica scream

"Me too!" Charley shouted.

God. Did they not remember that we were all in the same house?

I grumpily came out of my room and walked down to the front door to see Jessica jumping with joy whilst Charley was sitting on the last step of the stairs.

"Ok kids, go get in the car whilst we lock up." Sandra said coming from the kitchen.

"Window seat! Across from mum," Charley said quietly and walked back into the house "And Jess told me to tell you she's sitting in the middle."

"That's fine with me." I replied whilst walking to the car. I hadn't forgotten about Charley's little scene last night.

The look on her face, the way her body looked drained and last but not least the way her skin burned like she'd been in a sauna for her whole life.

I got into the car and sat there thinking. That's all I seemed to do these days! I traced the tattoo that was now under my hoodie.

"Move over a bit Saph!" Jessica said whilst laughing, snapping me out of it a bit.

Did I miss something?

"What are you laughing at?" I questioned her still not moving. Why wasn't she getting in the damn car already?

"You're sitting in my seat silly!" she said still giggling

"No I'm not..." I trailed off and looked down to see that indeed I was sitting in her seat. Why didn't I move to the window seat?

"Sorry Jessica! I guess I spaced out again"

I moved over to the window seat and buckled up. Then in came Sandra and Alexander.

"Where's Charley?" I asked to no-one in particular.

"She said she felt sick so she probably went to the bathroom." Jessica answered.

I was starting to get a little worried. Charley's been acting odd since last night. Something is definitely up.

A couple minutes and Charley was making her way out the house and into the car looking pale as snow.

She was looking right into my eyes and it was kind of creepy. "Take a picture. It will definitely last longer." I said playfully.

"Whatever" she mumbled.

"Can we please go now?" Jessica whined.

Alexander replied by starting the engine. Everyone was then engaged in their own thing.

Apart from Charley.

She was just gazing out the window. This was very out of character. Usually Charley would be on her phone texting away or reading a book or something.

I decided to just let it go and put my head on the window. I pulled out my headphones from my bag and plugged them into my iPod and closed my eyes. Praying I would get some sleep.

I don't know how long i'd been sleeping, but either way I was having such a peaceful sleep but then I was suddenly woken up by singing.

The girls were singing along to Rihanna on the radio.

I wasn't to keen on the song so I turned my music up louder and tuned out. Again.

We came to a stop an hour or two later and I looked around. We were at a petrol station.

"Want anything?" I automatically asked everyone.

"Galaxy cookie crumble!" Jessica said getting all excited. She loves that stuff! I let out a laugh.

"Anyone else?" I asked

"Can you get me and your dad some coffee pumpkin?" Sandra asked

"Sure thing! What about you Charley?" I added before getting out the car.

"Nothing." She replied very bluntly.

"O...K." I said slowly before getting out the car and going into the little shop.

I'd gotten what everyone had wanted quickly but I couldn't find Charley's favourite drink. I know she said she didn't want anything but I'll get her something anyway.

I heard the sliding doors open and turned to see the most gorgeous guy ever. He looked around my age, so seventeen-eighteen. He had the purest of green eyes.

I turned around quickly before he could see me staring.

"How hard can it be to find one cold latte? I've been looking for five minutes!" I said out loud.

I felt someone next to me and turned. It was that guy with green eyes.

"Here." He said. His voice was so deep

"Um, Thanks..." I managed to blurt out.

I walked off to the counter to pay for everything.

"Sapphire what's taking so long?" I heard Alexander from the front of the shop.

"Nothing...I was looking for Charley's latte thing."

"Come on," Alexander paused and looked behind him. "We've still got half an hour's drive."

I looked back to see what he was looking at and saw the guy with green eyes looking at us with hatred.

We walked back to the car and I gave everyone what they wanted. I gave Charley her cold latte last to see her reaction.

"Here you go Charley!" I said happily hoping she'd feel better after her caramel latte.

"You didn't have to get me anything you know! But thanks anyway" She said shocked

Half an hour passed by very quickly and next thing I know we were all at the airport waiting to board our plane. I was sitting down fiddling with my ripped skinny jeans and felt someone looking at me. I looked around but no-one was staring at me.

"Strange..." I whispered to myself.

"What's strange pumpkin?" Sandra said to me. Obviously hearing what I said.

"Nothing, It's nothing," I paused. Looking around again. "Look, the gates are open. We can board our plane now!"