Chapter 13

Kathy POV

Ashton and I met up at a old family diner. We sat there in silence for a few moments, while I play with my fries and nuggets. "So are you going to tell me why Jane ran or do you expect me to read your mind?" Ashton said breaking the silence.

I cleared my throat as I set a fry down. "Well, she never showed up at school yesterday and said that she wasn't feeling good so I went and visited her at her house. She later told me about the incident and her becoming a vampire. Then her hunger started to take over and me being the ass I got her brother involved." I grumbled as I smacked my forehead into my palm.

"Well after that, her brother was scared of her and she ran. I tried to stop her but she was already gone. And I couldn't get a scent trail." I finished. I looked up at Ashton. His hand on his chin as his brows squished together.

I sat there waiting for his ideas as I slowly slipped into my thoughts.

Jane she was so terrified of what she was becoming and I had to go and fuck it up. And now she could be out there on a killing spree, as her hunger or taste for power overwhelms her. That was the first time I saw her so defenseless. Not the strong and corky Jane that I know.

It's only been a day but I miss her. I don't want to see her hurt or suffering but I don't know anything about be a vampire. So how can I help when I can't understand?

"Ok where was the last time you saw her?" Ashton's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I looked down in thought. "She ran out of her house the last time I saw her. She was running north I believe." I said as I locked eyes with him.

"Alright, that's where we are going to start." He stated as he began to stand. We soon left the diner and rode his Ashton's car. We were heading north with all the windows down. I could smell so many different things. Animals, trees, people, cars and more.

Then that scent filled my senses.

Jane.

I looked over to Ashton, but he only nodded in response. We soon found ourselves at an old abandoned park. The grass grew wild from not being cared for, for so long. The play set sat in the middle of the open space. It was rusted and slowly falling apart.

"She definitely was here but she wasn't alone." Ashton's voice resonated from behind me as he scanned the area. Why was she here and who was she with?

He soon started to walk forward into the woods, motioning me to follow. Trailing behind him we can to a giant log mansion in a open space. It was beautiful. Two story log building sat surrounded but many colorful flowers and plants. Stone flooring placed in front of the building, filled with seating and fire pits. It truly was amazing.

"She's here." I breathed taking her scent and the surroundings. I'm coming, Jane.