Chapter 9

Our parents don't believe us of course. Troy and I decided to take the diary and read it in the car. I turn to the second page and read it out loud.

"November 20, 2015
Hey, kitty. Sorry, I don't write in this much. I told Dad this wouldn't help. Anyways I'm going to write now because...I think this place is haunted-"

Troy and I exchange glances then look back at the diary, eager to read more.

"Last night I thought I saw someone standing over me. I opened my eyes for a quick second and saw them. When I sat up, they were gone. Maybe I'm being paranoid Kitty.
Dad painted the house. It's white now. Does white attract cold air like black attracts heat? Or is that a myth. I swear since he painted this place it's gotten even colder."

That was all for the second page. Troy sighed. "So there is someone in that house and we're not crazy. Thank God."

I blinked at him. "I'd rather be crazy!"

"It hasn't gotten cold yet, though," Troy said.

"The house is still black. Not white." I said. Then I had this thought. "Hey, dad plans on painting the house you know."

"Oh yeah!" Troy said. "I don't think we want him to do that."

"Maybe we can tell him not to," I said. "But let's just read one more chapter."

He nods. "Okay.

"November 28th, 2015

I just found out there's a basement that was separated from the house. There's a passageway right outside underneath some dirt and grass. There's a small ring you could pull back to open it. Did I go in it? Nope! I've seen the movies.  I'm not setting my foot down there."

Troy shivered. "I can't imagine what's down there."

"Why would someone separate it from the house. How does one do that?" I asked him. 

Troy shrugged. "Cement probably. I don't know."

"Kids!" Dad called. We quickly got out of the car. I grabbed the diary and the two of us ran towards dad who waited for us at the front door. We slowed down when we saw dad holding two white large paint cans. "You guys ready to paint this thing?" 

Pulling up onto the pavement were a few cars. It was the guys that was suppose to paint the house in a few days but they were here now! This isn't good. This isn't good at all. This is very very bad.