Chapter 14

The silver ball described in the diary wasn't a silver ball. It was a giant silver ball. Underneath the bull rested a metal pot with wood that was lit on fire. Smoke escaped through the bulls mouth and nostrils. Inside, burning and suffocating were my mom and dad.

Troy and I did our best to break it or find a way to opening. I was convinced  that there was no opening. We looked at every inch of that bull, constantly burning our hands while looking for an opening. Mom and dad's screams got lower and lower and lower. The smoke became unbearable. 

Troy and I couldn't stop coughing

Troy and I couldn't stop coughing. We didn't give up until we couldn't hear our parents scream anymore. Troy and I retreated to the stairs we coughed our lungs out. A combination of crying and coughing was not easy. I quickly got out my cell phone to call 911 and told the woman that our parents were dead and someone murdered them. I tried to give them my address but the call dropped too soon.

"What do we do?" I cried out to Troy.

When he lifted his head to look at me I saw this horrified look on his face. He pointed to me. I didn't look behind me because I felt fingers sliding down my neck and hot breath on my shoulder. Using his phone, Troy began hitting whatever was behind me. He smashed his phone onto whatever was behind me.

"Run!"  He yelled.

I didn't want to leave him alone. He was kicking and punching Mrs. Doherty's crooked body. She only laughed. I tried to pull him away from her but he pushed me back and told me to run and get help.  I didn't plan to leave him. I really didn't. However, she grabbed his head so hard he couldn't move. Her fingernails plunged into his temples. With one disguting crunch, she twisted his neck off and let it fall to my feet. 

I screamed and started running back up stairs. Before I could blink she was already at the top, waiting for me. She hissed and craawled on all fours down towards me. I took off shoes and threw them at her. Both of them. Right in her bloodshot red eyes. I then kicked her in her wound then ran past her and shut the door that led to the basement.

As soon as I make my way towards the car, I look at the house one more time. In the attic window I can see Katie's face. She's knocking on the window asking me to help her. I know it sounds bad but I really want to leave her, however I don't have the heart to. So...I go in after her.