Chapter 12

Three days past. Three horrible days. We gave up on our dad listening to us. Mrs. Doherty was in mom's body and I can't believe dad couldn't see that. She was bleeding all the time. 

Troy and I never left each other's side. We spent most of our time outside, talking and planning ways to get dad to believe us.  In those three days, we forgot about the diary. We could have shown him the burns on our hands but that wouldn't help.  "Mom" has been blaming us for things, she's been calling us disobedient and disrespectful. Dad believes her too. What he doesn't seem to notice is that they've been arguing about repainting the house for three days now. Why can't he tell something is wrong? 

Now, Troy and I are sitting in the living room when he takes out the diary. "We need to catch up."

I nod. "Let's just read the whole thing. I want to know what happened to her." I said.

"December 18th, 2015

Dad and bad Breath Becky aren't coming back. I told Katie to start packing. I love my dad, I really do. I'd stay here but the place is too damn creepy. I went outside and saw that some spots of the house were turning black again. They weren't small spots either. No. Some were huge! I still hear someone crying at night. I hear scratching sounds. It comes from downstairs. I went to check last night and found it to be coming from the bathroom. I didn't bother to open it. I'm not that type of idiot. It isn't my parents. I know it's not. Anyways Kitty, I have to finish packing now.

December 19th, 2015

Our ride comes today at 8 PM.  Katie and I are all done packing and ready to leave this place. Katie won't come in the house during the day. She spends her time by those trees out there. It's sad seeing her like that. I know she misses dad.

Dec 19. Same day

Kitty,  guess what! He's in the basement right now. Dad called me saying that they've been in the basement for days now and the signal just came through. He tried to scream but no one heard him. I'm about to go get him out. #happy"

I stop reading to skim through the diary to see there are only two pages left. "I don't think she made it out of this alive."

Troy looks at the diary. "Keep reading, April."

"Kitty. This could be goodbye. I went down to the basement only to find a giant circle shaped metal bowl. It almost looked like a silver Pokemon ball. There were three huge holes inside of them. I shone my flashlight through one and look through in the other hole. I saw dad and Becky but they weren't alive. Becky's head was snatched off and placed in their her very own hand. Dad's legs were covered in black mushy materiel and his face looked like it had been burned to a crisp. I only recognized him because of his tattoo that he had on his wrist.

As soon as I noticed that, something crawled from behind this old box. It was a woman but her body was demented and distorted in some way. She was holding dad's cell phone when I saw her. I threw the flashlight at her causing her to hiss then chase me. If it wasn't for my shoes I wouldn't have made it out of the basement alive. I threw both at her before getting away.

Fuck! I thought I heard Katie in the attic. I came up here to check on her but she wasn't here. I closed the attic door and placed something over it. 9 11 is on their way. I don't think I 'll make it, Kitty. She's about to open the door.

Kitty, she's coming. The floor boards open easy and there's enough space for me. I'm going to hide under some.

She's in here. She's going to find me. Goodbye ,Kitty. Katie if you find this RUN NOW. I love you so much. Don't you ever come back here, I love you so much. Make sure no one comes back here."

And that was the end of her diary.