Bed bound

The doctor said the results should be ready within a few days. My sickness increased, causing sam to put me on bed rest.
It was now Friday, I awoke to a pain in my lower stomach knowing what it meant I got up and went to the toilet. I expected blood? Maybe it was just on its way. I walked out of the bathroom and started walking downstairs. The home phone rang "I got it" sam called as I continued to walk downstairs to the kitchen.
"Yes, okay, ill let her know, thank you very much, goodbye."
"Let me know what?"
"Your blood tests are back go get dressed, they want you to go down." She looked worried.
"Would you like to come?"I asked knowing she would hate having to wait to find out.
"Yes, now go get ready I'll get you a bowl" I laughed at her comment before getting my clothes a jumping in the shower. Showers had become the greatest thing lately it soothed my acing pains. Once I was dressed I headed out to Sam's car, where she was sat waiting for me.
"Breakfast bar, bowl and chewing gum" she handed then to me before starting up the car and driving down the road.
About 5 minutes after eating the breakfast bar it was in the bowl, I couldn't wait to be better I missed eating food during the morning. I could only eat after 11am and I had to have eaten before that or id just be ill all day. I had been to work to get my stuff so I wouldn't be behind, liam looked worried and said I looked really sick. I made a joke and just said I wasn't wearing make-up, only sam laughed, which made it awkward.
"Lex come on" sam called breaking me from my memory.
We walked up to the front desk and signed in. Just as we sat down, Clair popped her head around the door. "Hey Alexa, come this way" she waved, and we followed her to the room.
"That was fast" sam whispered, I just nodded felling anxious.
"How have you been Alexa?"
"Not the best Clair, and yourself?"
"I've been very busy, thankfully I have a holiday to spain in 4weeks" she seamed extremely excited.
"Ohh that sounds amazing" I thought of the ocean air.
"Yes, we'll Alexa you results are back, would you like to look at them alone?" She looked to sam briefly
"Could you just read it to me please, this is my best friend sam,I forgot to introduce you." I smiled despite feeling rude for not introducing them.
"Okay Alexa, nice to meet you sam" she smiled cheerfully
"Hey Clair" sam stated sounding more anxious then me. Sam rested her arm over my shoulder in preparation. Clair opened the envelope and stared at in with a confused expression.
"Well the test says your completely healthily, could you do another urine test for me, I have a theory" she smiled still looking baffled.
"Yeah, sure anything to get better" I smiled she handed me the cup and I went to the bathroom. I got back and Clair and sam where both waiting at the counter with the thin paper again. "Just to clarify pink pregnant, blue not pregnant in which we will need more tests, okay?" Clair looked at both sam and I.
"Yes" was all I could say
I stared at the paper as Clair lifted it, dipped it into the pot. The seconds felt like minutes again she putting it out almost instantly it changed from white to... pink! Shit!
"Im gonna be an auntie" sam yelled with excitement Clair walked over to me and pulled the chair to be behind me motioning for me to sit down.
"Congratulations Alexa, what are your plans now?" She asked with a look of concern.
"Tell my boss, he's going to be a farther and see how he reacts" I whispered sadly.
"Oh, uh well remember its your decision on what you do." She rubbed my are reassuringly.
"Thank you" I barely said
"Here is an information pack and a prescription for folic acid its to help the baby's growth, some mothers have even said it reduced there morning sickness too" she smiled handing me the a white bag. I nodded and headed out still in shook sam following behind me.

*******
Hopefully you guys are enjoying the story so far, there is still so much to happen.