Boys Of The Wild

     The only thing that kept Derek from spending too much time in his room was the on-campus gym. He spends at least two hours a day at the gym working out. On Friday Derek didn't have classes so he ended walking around town searching for a job.

On his search, Derek discovered that people in small towns were actually pretty nice. The owner of the café he went into was more than happy to hire him. He had hoped to find a job to where he wasn't forced to talk to people, but it looked like he had no choice. The Café seemed like a nice quiet place and that was good enough for him.

Derek heard the downstairs doorbell ring. It rang twice before Derek went to the door. He could see someone standing on the other side through the glass panels . He could hear Peter following him.

"I got it." He called. Derek went down the staircase. He unlocked the top and button locks. When he opened the door to see the guy from next door.

"I was hoping you would answer the door." Now that Derek was face to face with him, he could see he had few facial piercings. One at the bridge of his nose, one through his nose, two under his left eye and one through his bottom lip. The guy even had three in each ear. "I came to apologize for a few weeks ago."

Not only was Derek surprised he was apologizing, he was holding a plate of cookies. "I'm sorry about the whole yelling thing. I can be sort of an asshole without thinking." He passed him the plate of cookies. Derek noticed he hadn't said one word "Made these myself."

"Thank you, you didn't have to do this. I shouldn't have been standing in the window. You were just trying to have a private moment." Derek would deem him attractive if he wasn't scared this guy might change his mind and punch him in the throat. If Cora was there she would call him scary hot. Once again he was dressed just a little odd but somehow made it work. Ripped jeans and matching jean jacket. A shirt that was made up of two different shirts and now being held together by safety pins. The truly odd thing about this outfit was green alien beanie he was wearing.

"If you mean my meltdown, then yeah. But it's cool. I was scheduled to have one anyway. You just happened to get caught in the crossfire." He shrugged. "I'm Stiles, by the way, your asshole neighbor from next door."

Derek found his name a little odd but decided it was best not to question it. "I'm Derek." Stiles gave him the still warm plate of cookies. "Do people in this town always do this sort of thing?"

Stiles smirked. "Have a meltdown at seven in the morning or give their new neighbors cookies?"

"Both and is it that obvious I'm new?" This had to be the most Derek talked all day or to anyone.

"The first one is just me. The other is a small town thing. And Peter said he had a nephew my age that was going to be moving here." For some reason, Derek only shrugged. A faint buzzing sound came from Stiles' pocket. He pulled out his phone and looked at a text message. He rolled his eyes before putting the phone back into his pocket. "I am supposed to meet my friends at this party thing their having. You're new around here so I wondering if you would like to come with me."