The Mysterious Disappearance Of Stiles Stilinski

Sorry for the wait. I'm finally feel like myself again creatively. I suppose you will be able to tell when you read this and from how long it is. I really took my time with this chapter and put in more details. More chapters are coming soon. As always thank you for reading even I take too long to update. 

~MD

Stiles wasn't sure if what he was about to do was a good idea. But it was too late. He already asked Derek if he could sleep over. At first, he was asking because he didn't want them to be late in the morning. That was till Stiles remembered that they were dating and sleepovers could lead to other things.

Derek came walking in with a towel on his head. Stiles was so distracted by his thoughts that he forgot it was Derek's turn in the shower. He was only in wearing sweatpants.

"Do you want to order pizza?" Stiles asked. Derek didn't stop drying his hair or answer him. "Derek?" Stiles stood up. He realized Derek couldn't hear him. Stiles smiled and walked over to hear. Carefully he wrapped his arms around Derek and pushed the towel away from his eyes.

Derek grinned. "You were talking to me weren't you?" Stiles smiled at Derek. "Sorry, I don't wear my hearing aids much at home." For the second time, Stiles did something without thinking. His reaction to Derek was normal and he didn't know it. Not till after he kissed Derek.

"I was asking did you want to order pizza?" Derek had read Stiles lips just fine. How could he not? All he ever did was look at Stiles' lips.

"Um." Derek had been taken off guard. "I don't really eat heavy foods days before a competition." Stiles felt he should have noticed this sooner.

"Sorry, should have noticed when you were eating a salad at lunch." He felt a little insensitive for asking. "You're always in such great shape." He knew how serious Derek was. Stiles started staring at Derek again. Derek turned and went back down the hall. He didn't want to miss what Stiles was saying.

Derek was actually excited about Stiles sleeping over. He had never had a guy sleep over at the loft. Well, a guy that wasn't Issac. When Stiles had asked that afternoon with a text, he didn't know what to expect. Right away he started cleaning up. There wasn't much to clean. He cleaned up the loft every other morning.

Part of him wanted to ask Issac what he should do. But then he realized he would tell Laura and Laura would call and never get off the phone. She would ask if he had been to the clinic and to practice safe sex. She would tell him all the things he was just too uncomfortable to talk about with his sister.

Coming back into the living room Derek put one of his hearing aids in. "I can just cook us something." After all, he did get groceries today. Derek spent a lot of time in the store picking out each item.

"You cook?" Stiles was surprised.

"Had to learn." Derek pulled his shirt over his head. "Only way Laura would agree with me living alone. I had to learn to cook, clean and manage school on my own." He liked living in the loft. He liked that when he got up to practice or just dance he didn't wake anyone.

"Laura seems really protective of you, so does your brother. Don't like he always looks at me like he wants to punch me." Derek tried not to laugh. "Seriously, he always looks at me like I am about to unhinge my jaw and eat you."

"Issac is harmless for the most part, he's just used to having to be at my side at all time. Just wants to make sure I don't get hurt." Stiles nodded. He guessed if his parents had other kids, he would be the same way. Derek started cutting up a few vegetables.

"What about your other sister? You don't talk about her." Stiles asked. Derek shrugged.

"We use to be really close till our parents died," Derek said slowly. "Cora and I were pretty close. The more people tend to me because of my hearing, the more distant she became with me. As much as Peter and Laura tried, she just stayed that way. Stayed away from me."