Mixed Emotions

"I got us an uber. He'll be here in like four minutes." Ember assured me as she put a supporting arm around my shoulder.

We sat outside on the porch. I was trying to fight back the urge to cry about Liam. I cried too much already. I don't know where he was.

His phone was dead or turned off.

And here I was, eyes pink and swollen from crying too much. I placed my head on Ember's shoulder, refusing to let my eyes close. I wanted to sleep. I wanted to forget all about this.

I woke up and found myself in a car, my head resting on Ember's lap. A familiar smell of sweat pea filled my nostrils, my eyes fluttered open.

Ember smiled down at me, patting my head gently. She leaned her head towards the half open window, closing her beautiful amber eyes. Her thick, curly eyelashes fluttering in the wind.

"Okay we're here girls." Both startled, we quickly opened our eyes, I got up to see our uber driver waking us up.

We got off, thanking him for the billionth time for having patience with us. He laughed it off and said his goodbyes.

Opening the door, I groaned remembering that my bedroom was in the second floor. I could barely walk,  let alone climb a flight of stairs. Ember returned me a sleepy smile, locking the front door. She reached for my arms and placed it around her shoulders. We leaned into each other, bumping into each other every other step.

We laughed uncontrollably.

Ember opened my bedroom door, throwing me onto my bed. Ahh I missed laying under the comfort of my silky white sheets and burying my head into my puffy white pillows.

This was a dream.

I just needed to go back to sleep.
I was interrupted from my blissful state when I heard the door creak open.

"Where are you going? " The quiet and darkness from the room made my soft voice sound clear.

"I'm gonna go home...." Ember whispered back. She probably thought my parents were home and tried to keep quiet.

I stood up from my bed, head still spinning. I managed to wrap my little arms around her waist and pulled her towards me. I struggled to lead her to the bed. We both laughed at my poor attempt.

"You're staying here tonight. It's fine. My parents are not home. " I whispered as I made myself comfortable in the bed.

Taking off our heels, we laid there. My head nuzzled in between Ember's neck,her arms wrapped around my body. We just laid there, still drunk from earlier tonight.

The silence was comforting, it started to rain outside and I completely forgot my window was open. The earthy smell of rain filled the room and the sweet smell of sweet pea filled my nostrils once again.

"Thank you Ember...thank you for everything. " I whispered softly into her ear.

Her body shivered under my breath.

"Of course." she whispered back into my ear, placing a small kiss there.

I moved closer to her, closing the small space between us. Slowly, I placed a gentle kiss on her neck. Goosebumps covered my exposed skin. Ember's soft fingers drifted towards my cheek then to my arm. I held my breath, the alcohol was still in our system.

We weren't thinking straight.

It was the vodka.

"Ember...you're drunk. "I sounded out of breath.

Her fingers quickly stopped touching me.

"Addie, you're drunk." Ember let out a sigh, the smell of vodka and mint in the air.

I lifted my head from her neck and placed myself next to her, seeing each other face to face.

It was too dark in my room but I could still see the golden specs of her eyes, her gaze staring back at me.

She looked down at her hand, overthinking. Her hand grabbed a loose strand from my  hair and placed it behind my ear. Quickly, she removed her hand and placed it against her chest, shielding herself from me. I smiled at her sweetly.

We were hesitating.

I don't even know what we were thinking. What were we doing?

With a shaky hand, I took her hand into mine, interlocking her fingers with me.

She apologized about her sweaty hands so softly, I barely heard it.

It started pouring outside.

We heard thunder.

Laying down face to face, hand in hand, I made a bold move to place my legs between hers.

"What are you doing Addie." Ember's voice sounded panicked, her eyes had a hint of fear.

I didn't answer her. I didn't know what I was doing. Should I stop?

I leaned towards her until our noses brushed against each other. Eyes fixated on each other. Breathing the same air, the same scent.

Ember gave me a sleepy smile before closing her eyes. My eyes gave up and I drifted to sleep.

Yeah that's right! I updated three new chapters in one day. Haha I felt so bad about not updating In a while but yeah please comment/ vote. I'm actually getting so into this story. I really love both Ember and Liam. I don't know where I'm going to get with this story.